Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'd normally agree with you, but you can't describe this as a free market right now.

I was being ironic.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all this lock-down bollocks in the UK my friend is cooped up at home and has had to start talking to his wife. He’s just found out that she was made redundant by Woolworths.

It's an interesting paradox.  Both in the UK and here we have politicians running the country who seem to think that politics is all about 'presentation' (if you want to be unkind 'bullshitting').  Bu

Howard Quayle and his comms team need to take a long hard look at themselves into how they are handling this.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

They can't ask out Director of Public Health because she's on holiday. Which is all kinds of insane. If I had an important job like that I'd have come back.

Two weeks isolation for herself too... 

• Like 2

There's no such thing as a free market. That's what I was alluding to. Some of these business owners are all for "free market" principles of supply and demand when it comes to exploiting workers and are always speaking against poor people who claim welfare from the government; but when it comes to themselves, and there is a crisis or their sector is in a downturn, suddenly they invoke government handouts. I just find the double standard and hypocrisy hilarious. 

As we have an interim DHSC CEO who is only on Island 3 days a week, this presumably will mean she will have to self quarantine for 14 days every time she comes over.

Meanwhile IOM Govt will be paying her a monthly salary for what could be less than 6 days work per month.

The Isle of Man, where you can......

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

For this news broadcast to have any credibility one would expect a representative of the medical profession who would be advising them?

I would suspect the journalists present would have wished to question the medical thinking behind the decision making and process.

i would also like to know the medical reasoning behind self isolation for travellers and the over 70 age group.

Why on earth would anybody want to listen to a surgeon or doctor from the Isle of Man? They don't know much more than the general public.

If you want to hear from an expert, follow Dr Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., NIAID Director. 

On 3/16/2020 at 7:20 PM, TheTeapot said:

They can't ask our Director of Public Health because she's on holiday. Which is all kinds of insane. If I had an important job like that I'd have come back.

If our government want credibility then the medics have to be there to be questioned none of the panel can be expected to give quality information 

Good to see that our Chief Minister has given his briefings some credibility by introducing two doctors on his panel last night the 19 March 2020.

I hope that continues but who is leading the medical response on the Island?

Edited by Whatnonsence
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

It's not really compo though,just ticket refunds for services not supplied.

why should they get compo?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

If our government want credibility then the medics have to be there to be questioned none of the panel can be expected to give quality information 

Agreed. But as has been said, one's on holiday and the other only works two days a week and isn't even on Island. Are there any others willing to put themselves before the press and public for a lot less salary than their absent senior managers ? This whole thing has been a debacle from the word go and only today are they starting to address the reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1