Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation

Max Power

17 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Just asking for a friend. Will the cocaine supply carry on as normal? 

Probably but it'll be three times the price and at best, 10% purity. Weed'll be £40 a bag too, before you know it. There'll be suckers who'll go for it as well. Lol... 

Well everyone, this is the start of the breakdown of society, law and order. I very much doubt the Police can handle things alone, they'll need to bring the military over here to help them out with Martial law....good luck everyone, stay as safe and well as you can.

1 minute ago, yootalkin2me said:

Well everyone, this is the start of the breakdown of society, law and order. I very much doubt the Police can handle things alone, they'll need to bring the military over here to help them out with Martial law....good luck everyone, stay as safe and well as you can.

You're an idiot.

11 minutes ago, boswellian said:

All for our safety and well-being, of course.

US sales of guns and ammunition soar amid coronavirus panic buying

"Sales of guns and ammunition are soaring across the US as fears of possible social unrest amid the coronavirus crisis are prompting some Americans to turn to firearms as a form of self-protection."

1 minute ago, yootalkin2me said:

Hardly.

18 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

US sales of guns and ammunition soar amid coronavirus panic buying

"Sales of guns and ammunition are soaring across the US as fears of possible social unrest amid the coronavirus crisis are prompting some Americans to turn to firearms as a form of self-protection."

Fuckwit country led by a fuckwit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

a) Protect the island - all arrivals here are coming from an infected country, so to be better safe than sorry arrivals must quarantine

b) Protect the vulnerable - older folk are at more risk of covid being a serious disease so this will reduce the numbers getting it and thereby keep ITU from being filled up. 

An analogy I heard yesterday was that if you see a tsunami out at sea coming towards you, you don’t wait until it hits the beach before running for the hills. These rules are fairly severe - some would argue for stricter measures such as shutting the ports completely and closing bars, the theatre etc - but are reasoned/reasonable. We’ll see over the next few weeks if we’ve got it right. If in a few weeks everyone is moaning that government went way over the top then we will have. 

These are answers that I and others would like to hear from medically informed people who know the subject, we cannot expect that from Politicians who have no experience in managing a serious virus which will cost lives giving us answers on a subject they no little about.