Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I married a fucking Angel. Almost 30 years ago. She still can't get rid of me.

Angel?...I've got diabetes now...cos every time I turned up when you were at work I got tea with two sugars and a chocolate biscuit.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all this lock-down bollocks in the UK my friend is cooped up at home and has had to start talking to his wife. He’s just found out that she was made redundant by Woolworths.

It's an interesting paradox.  Both in the UK and here we have politicians running the country who seem to think that politics is all about 'presentation' (if you want to be unkind 'bullshitting').  Bu

Howard Quayle and his comms team need to take a long hard look at themselves into how they are handling this.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Angel?...I've got diabetes now...cos every time I turned up when you were at work I got tea with two sugars and a chocolate biscuit.

You also got a cube of longtail poison too so hope you enjoy your very long , painful death :thumbsup:  She also described something I had not heard about. Micro Penis :whatever:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You also got a cube of longtail poison too so hope you enjoy your very long , painful death :thumbsup:  She also described something I had not heard about. Micro Penis :whatever:

Calm down Dilli. Maybe I got the wrong address and it wasn't chocolate biscuits. Maybe it was rich tea.

Anyhoo...even at 112 at least I can still lick my eyebrows.

15 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Calm down Dilli. Maybe I got the wrong address and it wasn't chocolate biscuits. Maybe it was rich tea.

Anyhoo...even at 112 at least I can still lick my eyebrows.

But you still cant breathe through your nose

Edit to ad, that, Yes  it could have been next door. How are the tram horses ?

Edited by dilligaf
7 hours ago, On The Bus said:

Noble's won't be able to supply medical cover. It will get called off. Possibly probably at the  very last minute. 

Fixed and

as I have suggested before doctors and parameds who usually come from the uk and elsewhere will most likely stay at home to help deal with Coronavirus there, many of the volunteer marshalls are unlikely to come over, the TT will have to be cancelled. those who are quoting figures showing that corocavirus has not been detected here yet I hope it never is but 20,000 plus arriving for TT (if allowed to travel through the UK to get here) would certainly ensure we get it.

Edited by hagar the horrible
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, On The Bus said:

Noble's won't be able to supply medical cover. It will get called off. Possibly at the  very last minute. 

not much different to many procedures that could take place now if they'd just schedule appointments.

It should be cancelled now it is not fair or sensible to keep everyone wondering until a couple of weeks before which will probably happen.   Leaving Noble’s out of it for a minute do you think the hospitals across that accept the seriously injured riders and supporters would be in a position to do that ?   It is a time to be proactive and decisive which may be too much to ask of those in charge.   This virus may be worse or not as bad as what has been forecast but either way we have to be one step ahead, lives are more important than profit.   The circus should be cancelled as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Until there is official advice not to travel though, cancelling won't have any affect as people who have paid money will still come as they won't get it back through insurance. Cancelled events will not be sufficient enough to claim on insurance if there's no travel restrictions.

19 hours ago, Flubbergump said:

Youre operating on the assumption of international visitors still wanting to travel, and the current restrictions on travel being lifted.

If you're bringing your bike from Italy , Germany , Etc etc, you're being advised not to travel to large gatherings. 

The media frenzy has magnified this resulting in political overreaction everywhere. Its going to take some time for cooler heads to prevail and normal service to be resumed, and transport services to return to capacity

I notice SPC announced today they'll be opening up ticket sales for additional sailings this year. I wonder how many cancellations they've had and whether they'll acknowledge that given that whilst they're government owned they're still an arms length company.

But many people will still come if they have already paid out and won't be able to claim back on insurance.  which they won't at the moment as for most countries it's only at the advice stage not actual restrictions.  In any case, although the proportion of TT visitors from outside the British Isles has been rising, 74% still come from the BIs.

The Steam Packet release is standard.  If people haven't paid for their tickets in full by the end of February they loose the deposit and the space is offered to others.  It happens every year: Customers who have already made a deposit booking for TT 2020 will receive their final invoices, confirmed sailing times and check-in details by the end of November. Unpaid TT deposit bookings will be re-released on sale on 9th March 2020.  Whether there will be more this year will be a matter of interest, but it's nothing to do with epidemics.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

But many people will still come if they have already paid out and won't be able to claim back on insurance. 

That's easily fixed though. Because they govt owns the ferry company. It can simply cancel the bookings and return the money.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, pongo said:

That's easily fixed though. Because they govt owns the ferry company. It can simply cancel the bookings and return the money.

Hahaha. 

13 minutes ago, pongo said:

The world seems to want to economically wipe itself out. Cancel this, cancel that, send workers home, self isolate, cancel all major events. We’ll be lucky if we have any economy left at this rate. All for a handful of confirmed cases and a few deaths of largely elderly folk. There is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The world seems to want to economically wipe itself out. Cancel this, cancel that, send workers home, self isolate, cancel all major events. We’ll be lucky if we have any economy left at this rate. All for a handful of confirmed cases and a few deaths of largely elderly folk. There is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. 

People not travelling for a bit won't wipe out the world economy.

Anyhow - cost should not be a factor.

• Thanks 1