Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation

Max Power

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The world seems to want to economically wipe itself out. Cancel this, cancel that, send workers home, self isolate, cancel all major events. We’ll be lucky if we have any economy left at this rate. All for a handful of confirmed cases and a few deaths of largely elderly folk. There is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. 

I don't know about the first part but I totally agree that there seems to be something much deeper going on. I wonder if somethings being covered up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I don't know about the first part but I totally agree that there seems to be something much deeper going on. I wonder if somethings being covered up?

Agree create enough noise and lots slip through the back door. We are being lead in one direction when something is happening in another. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Agree create enough noise and lots slip through the back door. We are being lead in one direction when something is happening in another. 

it's like climate change but we all wear masks for this one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The world seems to want to economically wipe itself out. Cancel this, cancel that, send workers home, self isolate, cancel all major events. We’ll be lucky if we have any economy left at this rate. All for a handful of confirmed cases and a few deaths of largely elderly folk. There is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. 

Oh, so a disease that kills mainly the elderly is not a lot to worry about? You wanker. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, joebean said:

Oh, so a disease that kills mainly the elderly is not a lot to worry about? You wanker. 

It isn’t really anything for anyone else to worry about though. They should just quarantine people over 70 and let the rest of us just get on with it as we won’t be dying. It’s not like the over 70s are doing that much anyway most don’t need to leave the house to go to work and could probably happily stay in for a couple of weeks. Just make them stay at home for a few weeks for their own protection and let the rest of us get on with it before the country shuts down. I really can’t understand all the panic and hype around this. The north of Italy has all but shut down already. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It isn’t really anything for anyone else to worry about though. They should just quarantine people over 70 and let the rest of us just get on with it as we won’t be dying. It’s not like the over 70s are doing that much anyway most don’t need to leave the house to go to work and could probably happily stay in for a couple of weeks. Just make them stay at home for a few weeks for their own protection and let the rest of us get on with it before the country shuts down. I really can’t understand all the panic and hype around this. The north of Italy has all but shut down already. 

You're nuts... :rolleyes:

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

You're nuts... :rolleyes:

But the fact is that unless you’re old or have an underlying health condition it’s a bad case of the flu. No need to bring the entire world to a standstill. Just protect those who are the most vulnerable and let the rest of us get on with it. At this rate there will be mass unemployment as airlines, cruse companies, travel agents and hotel groups etc just start going bust like dominoes. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Is it, really? How do you know? When was the last time you had the flu, I mean the real flu not man-flu?

It’s still just flu. You’re unlikely to actually die from it unless you’re old or have some other underlying condition. Quarantining those who are vulnerable makes more sense than a whole bloody country causing wider economic carnage.  

• Thanks 1