Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Max Power

Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation

16 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

There has been a fair bit on the Twitter. It needs a shit or get off the pot decision from Govt ultimately 

Is the public road a playground, or an ordinary means of communication?

England awaits your arrival

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Golfer said:

There's no way the Manx public will accept being locked in until 2021 and if howie try's that there will be major protests.

You do realise that there is nothing to stop you leaving anytime if you find life here so intolerable

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, ecobob said:

#pleasebekind

That IS being kind

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

You do realise that there is nothing to stop you leaving anytime if you find life here so intolerable

Not until such time as England applies equivalent (or stronger) restrictions that is.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Is the public road a playground, or an ordinary means of communication?

That's an extremist view, playground is not the right word Derek but I guess that's your Police training, I'd call it recreation and communication! Anyway, I was talking about having facilities solely for the recreational use of vehicles, I gather you didn't read the post?  

47 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

That IS being kind

Fat shaming is never nice. 

Despite that, I did laugh out loud when I read your reply. Honesty and transparency and all that. 

1 hour ago, ecobob said:

Fat shaming is never nice. 

Despite that, I did laugh out loud when I read your reply. Honesty and transparency and all that. 

Ah,I wasn't on about the globular appearance,I was on about the gelatinous feature of his integrity

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Golfer said:

There's no way the Manx public will accept being locked in until 2021 and if howie try's that there will be major protests.

I'd be more bothered, much more bothered, about the border being open before there is either a vaccine, a cure or the thing has been wiped out.

And I'm generally not that bothered that the era of cheap air travel is probably over for good.

I'm looking forward to taking the train much more.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

I'd be more bothered, much more bothered, about the border being open before there is either a vaccine, a cure or the thing has been wiped out.

And I'm generally not that bothered that the era or cheap air travel is probably over for good. 

Ashy was asked today had the impact on tourism etc would be taken into account when deciding on opening borders if U.K. And most other countries had opened theirs as IOM would miss out on potential tourists boom. He said we would do what we think is best for IOM so the answer is NO then !

• Thanks 1

Just now, Golfer said:

Ashy was asked today had the impact on tourism etc would be taken into account when deciding on opening borders if U.K. And most other countries had opened theirs as IOM would miss out on potential tourists boom. He said we would do what we think is best for IOM so the answer is NO then !

Tourism isn't really a thing anyhow.

• Like 3

Skelly will try to charge for a virtual holiday in the Isle of Man.

See the beautiful isle of Man without leaving your armchair.

See our Fairy houses, Drive round the TT course, Stay at one of our wonderful hotels while sitting in your armchair

All this for under a £1,000.00 a week.

• Like 1

The big hotels will get shed loads of money from the government and they are already sticking to all the deposits and in some cases the full cost of the holiday, happy days:whistling: So it has been stated now several times the borders will not be opened for a good while but Skelly will not announce MGP cancellation most unfair on riders and fans. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, pongo said:

And I'm generally not that bothered that the era of cheap air travel is probably over for good.

I'm looking forward to taking the train much more.

I for one am looking forward to you taking it

11 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The big hotels will get shed loads of money from the government and they are already sticking to all the deposits and in some cases the full cost of the holiday, happy days:whistling: So it has been stated now several times the borders will not be opened for a good while but Skelly will not announce MGP cancellation most unfair on riders and fans. 

Some riders will already know