Mini Reshuffle Cregeen moved and Allison in CoMin

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Just a shame they took all the good looking women from the island away with them and weren't into fat birds instead.

I thought they brought the fat birds and swapped them....?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you would have to be a bit of a moron to think that Alex Allinson hadnt brought something to the table as an MHK.  Absolutely certain to be elected again in 2021. If every MHK operated at

Don't hold your breath !!!

It's Dan Davies I feel sorry for

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Yes, I saw this. Wondering if he's weighing up the chances of Ray Harmer being given the heave-ho in Peel next time round?

37 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:
56 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Yes, I saw this. Wondering if he's weighing up the chances of Ray Harmer being given the heave-ho in Peel next time round?

It's still a rather odd thing to do.  There would be noting to prevent him standing again for LegCo and then resigning and standing in 18 months time.  This way he loses 18 months salary etc. 

Also have his chances against Harmer and Boot really altered in the last couple of weeks since he put his nomination in?  I suspect it's rather more that he's been canvassing support and discovered he doesn't have the votes to get back on and doesn't want the humiliation of losing.  But even then he might be able to get his six months 'resettlement'[1] and put himself forward in the Keys election election as someone popular with the people not politicians - as Dominic Delaney did when he was booted off LegCo.

Both Harmer and Boot look vulnerable and arguably only got in due to an uncharacteristic lack of candidates in 2016 (normally you can't move for them in Peel).  So he could well have a chance if he stands.

[1]  He's 60 this year, so he might not depending on when his birthday is.

• Like 1

My understanding is that he has upset COMIN so has no chance of getting the votes from them and their bootlickers at the LEGCO election. 

If he failed that election, it wouldn't look great returning to the electorate for HOK.

Still good luck to the fella for standing by his convictions. I'm not sure postmen should really be acting in the legislative revising chamber anyway. 

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's still a rather odd thing to do.  There would be noting to prevent him standing again for LegCo and then resigning and standing in 18 months time.  This way he loses 18 months salary etc. 

Also have his chances against Harmer and Boot really altered in the last couple of weeks since he put his nomination in?  I suspect it's rather more that he's been canvassing support and discovered he doesn't have the votes to get back on and doesn't want the humiliation of losing.  But even then he might be able to get his six months 'resettlement'[1] and put himself forward in the Keys election election as someone popular with the people not politicians - as Dominic Delaney did when he was booted off LegCo.

Both Harmer and Boot look vulnerable and arguably only got in due to an uncharacteristic lack of candidates in 2016 (normally you can't move for them in Peel).  So he could well have a chance if he stands.

[1]  He's 60 this year, so he might not depending on when his birthday is.

Firstly Roger I entirely agree with your assessment that what’s going on here is that he’s crunched the numbers and twigged that he won’t be elected. Secondly, what a searingly vivid, and utterly depressing, depiction it is of Manx politics that Crookall, who isn’t fit to run a whelk stall, is seen as a genuine and realistic alternative to Harmer.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fredtosser said:

My understanding is that he has upset COMIN...

How has he managed that when he’s said and done nothing, the two attributes that COMIN seem to admire most?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Firstly Roger I entirely agree with your assessment that what’s going on here is that he’s crunched the numbers and twigged that he won’t be elected. Secondly, what a searingly vivid, and utterly depressing, depiction it is of Manx politics that Crookall, who isn’t fit to run a whelk stall, is seen as a genuine and realistic alternative to Harmer.

A whelk would be a genuine and realistic alternative to both of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, fredtosser said:

Still good luck to the fella for standing by his convictions. I'm not sure postmen should really be acting in the legislative revising chamber anyway. 

So his convictions would be knowing he’s fucked and throwing in the towel before it became obvious that he was fucked? 

17 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I would be tempted to crowdfund people to move to Peel just to stand against Harmer. As Roger Mexico says he only got in last time due to lack of candidates. Even the pisshead dentist would have added more value to the Peel voters than Harmer has achieved overseeing complete carnage and budgetary irresponsibility at the DOI. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, fredtosser said:

If he failed that election, it wouldn't look great returning to the electorate for HOK.

It depends.  As I said they kicked Dominic Delaney off LegCo in 2005 and elected Alex Downie in his place.  Delaney then stood in the by-election for Downie's seat and got elected.  Victor Kneale resigned from LegCo in 1981 to stand for the Keys and got elected (on a platform that include LegCo being elected by the people).  Leonard Singer resigned to stand in 2006 and though he didn't get elected then, he did in 2011.  So there's precedent.  

I've noticed that Crookall has been asking Peel-related questions for a while in Tynwald and that may have annoyed Harmer and Boot (neither proposed him). Standing on a ticket of "I stood up for you and they threw me out" would go down quite well.

2 hours ago, Holte End said:

Last time many of us seemed to spend half of 2016 begging anyone who was from Peel and not actively insane to stand.  Maybe we should have tried asking along the foreshore.