• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually thought Boris was reasonably statesmanlike in today's news conference.

I doubt they will...   Please don't forget that certain people placed nationality above humanity very, very recently (I am looking at you Nigel Farage) and used the 'fear' of foreigners as a way

Imperial College London is leading the efforts to understand how the epidemic might develop.  They've just published their latest research.  If you want to read the whole thing go here, while a genera

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

I think this is now the SEVENTH BLOODY THREAD opened on this.

I think this matter is incredibly important and each thread has addressed different aspects of it.

All you have linked to is the wording of Johnson's short statement. Apart from telling you to wash your hands it doesn't actually say much. Presumably detailed plans are to follow.

18 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

All you have linked to is the wording of Johnson's short statement. Apart from telling you to wash your hands it doesn't actually say much. Presumably detailed plans are to follow.

I listened to his statement.  At one point he contradicted the advice by saying that he had visited people suffering with Coronavirus and shook their hands!  Another Johnson face palm moment.

Just now, manxman1980 said:

I listened to his statement.  At one point he contradicted the advice by saying that he had visited people suffering with Coronavirus and shook their hands!  Another Johnson face palm moment.

Not really.  Just listen to everything he said.  He was trying to refuse some of the concern that many people, me included,have.

3 hours ago, Rog said:

Hardly confidence building.

What exactly do you expect? There is no way that they'll stop it, it'll be a case of simply waiting for it to past or hopefully developing an immunisation.

Edited by mojomonkey
  • Like 1

As long as they send all the infected to Norfolk to be quarantined it'll be ok.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

As long as they send all the infected to Norfolk to be quarantined it'll be ok.

Knock knock.

What do you expect them to do? It's a viral infection that will run its course as they always do. It'll kill a tiny percentage, mainly the already ill and old. But that happens every winter anyhow. Panic is futile.

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

staff hands........

21 minutes ago, sir nige said:

staff hands........

"I was at a hospital the other night where there were a few coronavirus sufferers and I shook hands with everybody, you will be pleased to know"

33:46 in this video