Reasonably priced London Budget Hotels

John Wright

6 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Have stayed in the Hub at Kings Cross. five minutes from the station. Found it to be very clean and the staff helpful.

The rooms are very small, and not sure if they do accessable rooms, but if they do, I would recommend. Oh, they didn't offer hot breakfast when we stayed, if that's a deal breaker. Mainly pastries  / continental type of set up.

Yep, they do larger accessible rooms with accessible adapted wet rooms.

Rarely take hotel breakfasts. I like to go out and have street food.

Thanks.

Theres a design and planning standard now. There have to be a certain percentage of disabled accessible rooms in newly built or converted hotels and the aim is for 50% of those to be wet rooms.

All the Hub hotels have been opened within the currency of that requirement and Premier Inn are refurbishing their entire estate over next 5 years to comply.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Yep, they do larger accessible rooms with accessible adapted wet rooms.

Rarely take hotel breakfasts. I like to go out and have street food.

Thanks.

Should be fine for you then. Also, all the controls for TV / lights etc etc are built into the side of the bed, so quite convenient if you're not able to get around easily.

4 hours ago, manxman34 said:

Premier Inn Holborn has the facilities you ask for, and is very central.

I know threads wander every where. Thanks and all that. But I wasn’t asking for recommendations. I was asking specifically for views on Hub brand.

im over in Liverpool for a couple days follow up testing and chose the Premier Inn Lime Street. All disabled room doors are power opened entering and leaving. It’s one of their newer offering. 

Soho or Covent Garden are much more central for me than Holborn, although one evening it’s a trip up to Sadlers Wells.

• 1 year later...

Thread resurrection.

Finally got to London to see the world premiere I had tickets for. 

Stayed at Hub Soho. Less than £100 a night over 5 nights. Large accessible room. Brilliant wet room. Just off Berwick Street.

All Soho, Covent Garden, China Town, Shaftesbury Avenue and Oxford Street within a few hundred yards.

Ideally located. No complaints. Will use again.

Apart from yesterday, when I treated myself and met up with fellow Manxies for Brunch at the Delaunay, I’ve eaten in Berwick Street Market greasy spoons, bars and dives.

The show. Well, long wait and it’s left me perplexed. Post apocalyptic, atonal score, ( except when a bit of bolero was borrowed ), bleak, unredeeming, poor dramaturgy ( and I’ve read both Frankenstein and Wozzek in the originals, still couldn’t follow the story ). Some brilliant dancing, amazing set, and the best mood lighting I’ve seen in ages.

Daily prices ranged from £78 to £92, except tonight, £164. Exhausted people in skimpy shorts, tin foil heat retention blankets, compression socks and funny walks have filled it up today worn out from London Marathon.

• Like 2

Best deal I know in London is the imperial hotel Russell square  ,tube next door one stop from Victoria and Gatwick express ,  bus stop outside  to go almost everywhere with Oyster card , £89 a night including an excellent breakfast and everything on the doorstep 

• Like 1

I stayed in a OYO in Victoria last month. Automated check-in. Zero customer service support. When I arrived I spotted an Easy Hotel next door so I cancelled my booking for the return and booked Easy Hotel, which was ok - the one in Manchester is better though. 

Just back from the same world premiere (I liked it more than John did but he knows more about ballet than me - I see them dancing to the music and it fills my heart with fabulous) and t’was a lovely brunch with Mr Wright - totally grown up trip… except for the school girl blisters I have from Friday’s traipsing around in “sensible shoes” which have never given me a problem before! 

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Apart from yesterday, when I treated myself and met up with fellow Manxies for Brunch at the Delaunay, I’ve eaten in Berwick Street Market greasy spoons, bars and dives.

When I was in Soho recently they close off the streets to allow people to dine outside, due to COVID. Is that still happening?

Old Compton Street was closed and with street tables until 23.59 on 30/9. The barriers and tables were removed by 11.00 on 1/10. Meanwhile Gerrard Street still has tables and chairs deep outside every restaurant. 

7 hours ago, Declan said:

When I was in Soho recently they close off the streets to allow people to dine outside, due to COVID. Is that still happening?

7 hours ago, prism10 said:

I was in that area last week.

No.

12 hours ago, 2bees said:

Liverpool was more Covid sensible than London, we had to show proof of double jabs before going to a concert on Saturday night, where as this was not a requirement for the ballet on Friday. Definitely more masks up north too.

People are more ugly up north.

• Haha 2