'We need a Manx Center Parcs'

18 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Nonsense

OK, what is there to attract families to come to the island let alone in the sort of numbers that would make a difference?

The steam railway? The MER? Snaefell railway? Laxey wheel? Tynwald hill? Peel Castle? Castletown? The Horse Trams?

Err, no.

Where's the all season all weather resort for starters?  The one stop resort with fancy pools, note polls and fancy.  The indoor colocated entertainment? Where's the purpose built accommodation?  Where's the inexpensive link to the mainland? 

Sorry, the idea that the island could be anything like a modern vacation resort entirely misses the point and what people demand of a modern vacation resort let alone a top rank vacation resort such as Centre Parcs provide.

It's a well established fact that providing something and expecting people to change their demands to comply with what you're offering stands virtually SFA chance of success whereas offering what people have demonstrated is what they want at least gets you off the starting blocks.  Then all you've got to do is ADD a reason for them to buy from you.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow amazing idea. Who’s going to pitch this to Center Parcs Uk to persuade them to pay in the region of £300m-£400m to build a park in the Isle of Man. Of course we needn’t worry about Planning a

A start would be an Eden Project type garden on the site of the old Summerland site.    I would actually get on a horse tram to go and see that.

Absolutely.  Whenever any of my friends and family come over to visit they comment on how lucky I am to live here and why would I ever think of returning to the north-west of England where they s

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

"note polls and fancy"

That's one of the things when ones got fists like a bunch of bananas combined within Peripheral neuropathy.  Then throw in an over keen spell check and you get --- Rog-posts!

Edited by Rog
5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

The IOM is a Centre Parc competitor

It has to sell the differences to it's advantage

agreed....

iom has the facilities of a centre parcs already.......what it doesn't have is large scale family accommodation......

it also doesn't have to be built by them.....

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

About 15 years ago I was involved in some "discussions" regarding a Center Parcs facility on the Island. I was very skeptical of the person promoting the idea and contacted Central Parcs directly, they very bluntly said that they could not see the Isle of Man being economically viable for them.

such a big hitter....

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, sir nige said:

agreed....

iom has the facilities of a centre parcs already.......what it doesn't have is large scale family accommodation......

The island does NOT have the facilities of a CP resort. It really doesn't.

15 hours ago, sir nige said:

agreed....

I agree

Provision of more family affordable self-catering accommodation should be encouraged, especially in rural areas

The island could do with more hostel style accommodation for school groups too. Parts of Castle Rushen could surely be utilised for this

16 hours ago, Rog said:

Nowt wrong with mainland.  It's geographically correct.

The mainland is Europe

You're obviously not Manx

Edited by Donald Trumps
Just now, Donald Trumps said:

The mainland is Europe

You're obvuiously not Manx

Oh gawd, here we go again.

The British Isles are an archipelago. The largest island of an archipelago is called the mainland.