Another increase !!

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Who still sends letters ?

Government? Road Tax reminders :lol:

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Haha 3

My bike tax has just come through and it’s £80, so am I right in think I’m better to wait a month and tax it for £25? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Jesus. It's 3.2% - get over yourself.

Its a principle, its another 3.2% they can waste through sheer incompetence and profligacy!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Jesus. It's 3.2% - get over yourself.e

Only Harriet Harmer and  Tim Baker  would break Governments agreement that any increases would not exceed CPI Inflation .

It would be fairer if they would reintroduce 6month tax, and perhaps a 25 quid sorn. I’ve a sports car I only use in fair weather so would quite happy to tax it from April to September. That would save me 180 quid a year minus the 25 quid. 

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

My bike tax has just come through and it’s £80, so am I right in think I’m better to wait a month and tax it for £25? 

My thinking too. Wonder when this will actually be implemented? Probably the end of the year so they can make a final grab before.

48 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It would be fairer if they would reintroduce 6month tax, and perhaps a 25 quid sorn. I’ve a sports car I only use in fair weather so would quite happy to tax it from April to September. That would save me 180 quid a year minus the 25 quid. 

you're looking at it all wrong,     it will cost them not save you.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, WTF said:

you're looking at it all wrong,     it will cost them not save you.

Reduction for the contemporary bikes and a 60%+ hike for the vintage brigade? Robbing Peter to pay Paul as usual.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Using the words “Road Tax”  in earshot of a politician or a CS provokes a drawing of the handbag to  pursed lips and a pious correction that it is a “vehicle licence” and the revenue was  never intended “just for roads”.

Even if you can swallow that one,  do not have the  impertinence  to ask if you are getting value for money.

Cough up.

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Like 3

As I said before it's the total hotch potch of reasoning behind the scales that baffles me. No rhyme nor reason at all.

How did we get here? My car would be £325 to tax in the UK - and I could opt to do six months for £178 and the SORN is free.

why do we insist on administering our own system when the DVLA could do all this for us, saving on systems maintenance and admin? 

I will concede we might fare a bit better on insurance costs, but that is a commercially driven expense rather than one Govt controls.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Derek Flint said:

How did we get here? My car would be £325 to tax in the UK - and I could opt to do six months for £178 and the SORN is free.

why do we insist on administering our own system when the DVLA could do all this for us, saving on systems maintenance and admin? 

I will concede we might fare a bit better on insurance costs, but that is a commercially driven expense rather than one Govt controls.

we could get rid of 99% of government by that logic so i'm sure you can work out 'why'

Edited by WTF
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Holte End said:

Only Harriet Harmer and  Tim Baker  would break Governments agreement that any increases would not exceed CPI Inflation .

Please tell us HH isn't headed our way