Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Douglas South Bye Election 2020

I'm worried about the transfer of Coronavirus via brown envelopes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buster was on Facebook saying how he was going to sue Isle of Man Newspapers for calling him a fraudster.

He was saying how the damages could run into hundreds of thousands..

The thing is, he, or rather his supposed lawyers Carter Fucking Ruck, would have to prove he had been damaged.

I would suggest damage to his reputation would be to the tune of, at very most, £1.

Isle of Man Newspapers should have let him rumble on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buster is full of shit. He'll fit in well at DOI:D

35 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I think HM Sole might be standing?

Shouldn't that be R Sole?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I think HM Sole might be standing?

There should be a rule of thirty years of residency before you can stand.

Then there should be a residency test.

I quite like the bloke. Intelligent enough, sees the world through a different lens. Articulate.

Could be exactly what the place needs.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yep. Shake 'em up a bit. There's a phrase going round in the local political scene from women complaining about the amount of Tynwald who are so 'pale and male'. 

You could hardly class HM as that. 

If he got in though, how long would it take for him to be seduced into club Tynwald. Seen it happen time and time and time and time again.

Go ahead punk...prove me wrong. And good luck.

46 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I quite like the bloke. Intelligent enough, sees the world through a different lens. Articulate.

Completely unacceptable. Extra assimilation required.

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

He'd perhaps be good as a nationally elected MLC

In South Douglas you pretty much have to see things through a South Douglas lens don't you?

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

He's a new age snake oil salesman and don't be fooled by the hippy charm demeanour.

19 hours ago, gettafa said:

Buster was on Facebook saying how he was going to sue Isle of Man Newspapers for calling him a fraudster.

He was saying how the damages could run into hundreds of thousands..

The thing is, he, or rather his supposed lawyers Carter Fucking Ruck, would have to prove he had been damaged.

I would suggest damage to his reputation would be to the tune of, at very most, £1.

Isle of Man Newspapers should have let him rumble on.

He threatened to sue me after I said something he didnt agree with. He said make a public apology and donate money to a charity of his choosing and that will be the end of it. I told him I would do no such thing and to crack on. Amazingly I've never heard from his high flying lawyers but it does concern me more gullible people may be taken in with it and part with cash 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

WHAT ! !!

12 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

He threatened to sue me after I said something he didnt agree with. He said make a public apology and donate money to a charity of his choosing and that will be the end of it. I told him I would do no such thing and to crack on. Amazingly I've never heard from his high flying lawyers but it does concern me more gullible people may be taken in with it and part with cash 

Crazy when people behave like that, speaks strongly of their character

11 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

No legal aid for defamation, and no win no fee or conditional fees aren’t allowed here.

Given that no win/conditional fee agreements ( in England ) are backed up by After the Event insurance, to protect from adverse cost orders if you lose,  and the solicitor would need to give to the insurers an opinion from Counsel with a better chances than evens chance of success,  what are the prospects of anyone funding a claim?