Coronavirus Isle of Man

51 minutes ago, ecobob said:

I take on board your comments and thank you for them however David Christian is my particular Prince of Darkness. Trust me. I know things. 

Of course you do, we've read your past comments...:rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ecobob said:

I take on board your comments and thank you for them however David Christian is my particular Prince of Darkness. Trust me. I know things. 

Did you used to work at the Mount Murray?

12 hours ago, wrighty said:

Although symptoms of the virus are predominantly respiratory, it also causes a myocarditis (inflammation of heart muscle) which could explain the heart disease association. As for diabetes, not sure. Diabetes of course is associated with cardiovascular disease, so it could simply be a surrogate marker for heart disease. Alternatively, diabetics have diminished immune functioning, and might therefore be more affected by the viral infection itself than non-diabetics. 

Clearly it's never been more important for people to look after their health. If you're still smoking/vaping, having a few drinks after work, not eating any fruit/veg and are one of the ones queuing down Peel Road for McDonalds every lunch now might be a good time to have a good look at yourself. 

• Like 1

Singapore:
A project in Singapore leveraging government data, COVID-19 SG, allows residents to see every known coronavirus case, the street where the infected person lived and worked, which hospital they were admitted to, their average recovery time and the network connections between infections.

https://co.vid19.sg/

Isle of Man:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mayhem said:

Interesting that a whole Government department (GTS) are now working from home yet schools etc are still open. 

I give it 48hrs until Manx Telecom falls over.

19 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Why would anyone buy tinned potatoes? I'd rather eat The Courier. 

I'd rather eat The Courier than pasta and/or any wheat flour derivative thereof.... they're empty calories.  

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Genuinely excited to see Howard at 5pm, gonna rush home to get a live stream up. Can't wait.

Perhaps he's got good news.

4 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Every word of his statement will be written for him by the Chief Secretary. He won't be taking questions afterwards either.

What? You mean the army of press people working in the CO won't be invited to put something together? Why have a dog and bark yourself?