Coronavirus Isle of Man

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, gettafa said:

OK, so, this apparently harmless drug could induce carnage if it isn't legalised and distributed right now.

I see.

I don't take cannabis and neither do my friends or relations. They and I, I have little doubt, will remain calm and relatively carefree over the coming weeks/months or even years.

But an awful lot of people do, not only that but as rights are being taken away (rightly so) during this crisis then it shouldn't be too difficult to reverse laws and give rights to those who wish to consume it (I, nor anyone I know in my family or my circle of close friends consumes it).

58 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Yeah right, this started from some bat. Randomly. Nothing to do with some lab in China. Nope. 

I didn't state the facts just the narrative, and the narrative of the film is not too dissimilar than that of the 'official' line.

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

The Butterfly Effect?

Have you watched 'Contagion' it's like life imitating art right to the point of a Pandemic starting from a bat?

Or a Wuhan virology lab whoopsie  -

BBC 70's show Suvivors -

Stephen King's The Stand -

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

But an awful lot of people do, not only that but as rights are being taken away (rightly so) during this crisis then it shouldn't be too difficult to reverse laws and give rights to those who wish to consume it (I, nor anyone I know in my family or my circle of close friends consumes it).

OK, I see your point.

Actually, its frightening. 

• Answering questions on unclear advice for the construction industry, Gove said all major construction work should go ahead but jobs carried out at close quarters in someone’s home should would not be appropriate.

As we seem to be copying the UK it looks like you can go to work if you are working on Dandaras site at Ballasalla say, but not if you've got windows to replace at someones house. I'm gonna have to sign on. Post Office are looking for casual staff so maybe I'll give them a shout, might give it a few days to see what stronger restrictions get brought in here first. I'd much rather work than stay in on the dole, but the advice across the world is stay in your homes.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

As we seem to be copying the UK it looks like you can go to work if you are working on Dandaras site at Ballasalla say, but not if you've got windows to replace at someones house. I'm gonna have to sign on. Post Office are looking for casual staff so maybe I'll give them a shout, might give it a few days to see what stronger restrictions get brought in here first. I'd much rather work than stay in on the dole, but the advice across the world is stay in your homes.

In another twist, Tesco are short of drivers due to self isolation but can't/won't take locals on as they have to be approved by a bunch of self important twats in the UK. Pretty sure if they are given a clean bill of health a lot of people won't give a flyer who delivers their food as long as it's delivered

For anybody who thinks that people being silly in times of contagious diseases is a new phenomenon....

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo

Median incubation period for COVID-19
Date:
March 17, 2020
Source:
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Summary:
A new study calculates that the median incubation period for COVID-19 is just over 5 days and that 97.5% of people who develop symptoms will do so within 11.5 days of infection.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175438.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1