Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

UK CMO Whitty says many of these restrictions are going to have to stay in place 'for a reasonably long period of time'. He also says that provided people stick to them that the NHS will 'probably cope'. 

Look on the bright side. Can you imagine the scale of the piss up whenever this lot is finished?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes, I would wonder at how senior Sunak was at the time, although even Fred the Shred had no idea what was going on. He was too busy taking the plaudits for the economic miracle. None of them covered themselves in glory, just money. I always thought that the ill-gotten proceeds should have been traced and confiscated to offset the taxpayer bailout at the time.

I dont think Sunak has any need of money..His wife has a nett worth of around £200 million ( mainly from her holdings of a tech company started by her billionaire dad ).

Not sure if she is still holding on to those shares.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/new-chancellor-rishi-sunak-adds-downing-street-address-to-his-bulging-property-portfolio-vtpzmvzcf

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Look on the bright side. Can you imagine the scale of the piss up whenever this lot is finished?

Yeah, but with no access to hair dressers, will all be sporting these "covid cuts"  in the pub

13-23.jpg?iv=115 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

The current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer was one of the people that took that gargantuan business down

Shimmin has big business experience - no one else in the current Tynwald does, apart from perhaps Baker & Robertshaw

Let's take a minute to think how Robertshaws big business panned out - he still fucking begs for money for the Sefton every week - failing DT failing indeed 

22 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

I dont think Sunak has any need of money..His wife has a nett worth of around £200 million ( mainly from her holdings of a tech company started by her billionaire dad ).

Not sure if she is still holding on to those shares.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/new-chancellor-rishi-sunak-adds-downing-street-address-to-his-bulging-property-portfolio-vtpzmvzcf

Yes. She looks quite the catch.

I take it we have abandoned the cruise terminal idea ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Let's take a minute to think how Robertshaws big business panned out - he still fucking begs for money for the Sefton every week - failing DT failing indeed 

Does he? Missed that

He's retiring soon & moving far away

1 minute ago, NoTail said:

I take it we have abandoned the cruise terminal idea ....

I do hope so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Pollsterblue said:

Yeah, but with no access to hair dressers, will all be sporting these "covid cuts"  in the pub

13-23.jpg?iv=115 

Covidmullets should be a thing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, woolley said:

I do hope so.

About now is when the taxpayers regret letting some of the halfwits loose with the purse strings, we could probably have used the many millions pissed away !!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asitis said:

About now is when the taxpayers regret letting some of the halfwits loose with the purse strings, we could probably have used the many millions pissed away !!

Well they should know now what a rainy day is. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1