Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

15 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You might want to have a word with yourself too

Doctors in New York are using it as we speak. Not even medical professionals in his home country agree with Fauci, which is not surprising given his background.

Just now, Lxxx said:

Doctors in New York are using it as we speak. Not even medical professionals in his home country agree with Fauci, which is not surprising given his background.

You're an anti-vaxxer though aren't you? And now you want to inject people with an unproven chemical? How does that work?

• Like 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

You're an anti-vaxxer though aren't you? And now you want to inject people with an unproven chemical? How does that work?

You take it orally. It's been around for over 50 years, we know it's safety profile. There are contraindications, as with all drugs, but it's an option that has proven effective around the world. It would be remiss not to give it due consideration. 

1 minute ago, Lxxx said:

has proven effective around the world.

There was a small study in France of 40 patients that suggested it had a mild benefit from what I can tell. Far from proven, although I would be very happy to be shown to be wrong. Feel free to do so.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There was a small study in France of 40 patients that suggested it had a mild benefit from what I can tell. Far from proven, although I would be very happy to be shown to be wrong. Feel free to do so.

You've proven you can use Google then, feel free to carry on researching. There's plenty out there.

The point I was objecting to was closing the island off from the outside world until a vaccine comes out, for a virus that has such a small morbidity and mortality rate, is bonkers. Absolute bonkers.

• Like 2

We're moving off topic. 

The original point still stands. We can't shut the island off from the rest of the world for what may be the remainder of the year, not while mortality rates haven't entered into the high numbers internationally that we originally feared. Short term yes, but not medium to long term. 

Skelly is a stumbling mess, so is the stream for todays presser.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The stream was unwatchable, I’ve had to resort to listening to just the radio but I think Skelly delivered fairly well, Howard also appears to be speaking slowly and concisely which makes all the difference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

We're moving off topic. 

The original point still stands. We can't shut the island off from the rest of the world for what may be the remainder of the year, not while mortality rates haven't entered into the high numbers internationally that we originally feared. Short term yes, but not medium to long term. 

We could, the question is should we if it meant than on island life could continue fairly normally.

I suppose if you did not want to live a year on the rock then maybe PK could offer you a room in their bolthole.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

CM says there's going to be a virtual reality Tynwald on Friday. Normal service maintained then.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

We could, the question is should we if it meant than on island life could continue fairly normally.

I suppose if you did not want to live a year on the rock then maybe PK could offer you a room in their bolthole.

He'd be afraid you might infect him.

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He was obviously reading from someone else’s script. He pronounced swathe as swoth. 

• Thanks 1