Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I last saw a pair like that under the door of a gents cubicle round the back of Kings Cross station

Strange hobby.:whistling:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manxberry said:

o, it isn't true that Dr Allison will do that. 

Because he doesn't have the authority.

But yes, they will probably shut on Friday for the foreseeable future, and reopen when possible (may be longer than July/August, but we'll see). Exams have already been cancelled

F***ing mental to shut schools to appease teachers. Most families need two parents working to make ends meet ( we didn't BTW , that was our choice) If schools shut, half the working population have to stay home and mind the offspring, while their employers see their companies fold. Is that OK with people ? Teachers are getting way above their station as far as I can see and holding too much sway over our elected government. Whatever happened to the good old mantra of children first, as they are our future. I forgot about the teaching unions and their 1970's style outlook. I just thank fuck that our kids are in their 20's now and don't rely on their teachers. Luckily our kids had decent teachers, in the main. What the hell has happened to life that teachers want to strike for even better pay and conditions than they already have. Wrong people teaching now in my opinion.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

There weren't any actions to prevent & contain before the emergency powers were granted, were there?

Things are done at the last minute, when there are no other options

That's true of the Isle of Man but Donald Trump's administration have been well ahead of the curb and achieved significant success in curtailing the virus by taking very early measures. The creeps in the Democrat Party were hoping this would ruin the economy (it won't in the long-term) and damage his chances of re-election but I think he is showing tremendous presidential leadership and professionalism in the face of a major emergency. I would certainly re-elect him if I was American. There is not even any competition on the same level as him.

Good article on Sky News just now re worldwide progress on vaccines and antidotes. Some already in use on other afflictions and capable of being modified to attack COVID 19. Some clever people in this world.

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Good article on Sky News just now re worldwide progress on vaccines and antidotes. Some already in use on other afflictions and capable of being modified to attack COVID 19. Some clever people in this world.

Yes there is and driven by the fact whoever gets there first is going to rake it in and fair play to them. 

What is funny "Shake me up judy" Please explain.

14 minutes ago, pongo said:

Why not stop spreading rumours from people who are not prepared to go on record.

If your source was a reliable person they would be keeping their mouth shut. 

I don't see it as a doubtful truth

I see it as entirely likely

21 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

There weren't any actions to prevent & contain before the emergency powers were granted, were there?

Things are done at the last minute, when there are no other options

Sorry, but it has to be said that you are not the full shilling DT. Just like your hero DT

4 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

What have I missed?

A bit of reality.

13 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry, but it has to be said that you are not the full shilling DT. Just like your hero DT

Are you for real? The poster "Donald Trumps" hates Donald Trump. lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Isn't it all the people that filtered through the non-secret door with Howard and Skelly at the start of today's toilet roll update?

Never start a Coronavirus briefing with a cough ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1