Coronavirus Isle of Man

I have not been out of my garden for considerable time, but I have first hand reports from Saturday that smokers by the taxi rank at Tesco were sitting on the bench cheek by jowl as usual.  Outside Shoprite another aged friend needed to ask a group of youths astride push bikes to move aside to let him get to the door.  There seem to be some very bad breaches of the 2 metre rules.

• Like 3
  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-report-a-drop-in-collisions-since-introduction-of-island-wide-speed-limit/

"Police report a drop in collisions since introduction of Island-wide speed limit"

"In a post on social media, the force says ordinarily at this time of year it would receive one or two crashes per day reported.  

However, since the 40mph limit has been in place, officers had reports of two collisions, and no one has been injured. "

...more misinformation and statistical manipulation bollox. It's because there are so few cars out and far far fewer trips being made

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-report-a-drop-in-collisions-since-introduction-of-island-wide-speed-limit/

"Police report a drop in collisions since introduction of Island-wide speed limit"

"In a post on social media, the force says ordinarily at this time of year it would receive one or two crashes per day reported.  

However, since the 40mph limit has been in place, officers had reports of two collisions, and no one has been injured. "

...more misinformation and statistical manipulation bollox. It's because there are so few cars out and far far fewer trips being made

I had a "No shit Sherlock" moment myself when I read that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Once everyone heads out after not driving for 3-4 weeks I would say it will soon make up for it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, On The Bus said:

With the new cases continuing to spiral we must be heading for full lockdown soon. 

There appears to be so many idiots just ignoring the advice to stay home.

It takes a while to kick in with a 14 day incubation period in some cases. Early days. See what it's doing in another week or two.

ETA: I think that the measures are being well observed generally. People greeting each other and then moving aside to give a wide berth.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 2

Given that only essential medical supplies and other life and death mercy missions are currently allowed to land at Ronaldsway, it was interesting to note a Cessna jet coming in on Flight Radar 24 yesterday afternoon, having flown from continental Europe. Wonder what that was all about. Anyone know?

On 4/3/2020 at 12:54 AM, Roger Mexico said:

You're assuming that Howard Quayle doing his utmost and Howard Quayle doing nothing are non-identical.

No @Wilson is right - it's really nothing to do with the Isle of Man Government.  At most they will have sent a few vaguely supportive emails to the FCO which have been ignored.  All the power and responsibility lie with the FCO and (as happens every international crisis) they have done as little as they can to help British citizens in a crisis and any effort they do put in will be on explaining why they are doing less that the foreign service of practically every other country.

Quayle is just doing his International Man of Influence act, but no one is fooled except maybe himself.

As suspected, you are just a spewer on all threads.  Please take over the government and lead us not just through this crisis, but for evermore.  You are obviously so knowledgeable on such a broad range of subjects, why wouldn’t we follow you blindly.  All hail Chief Mexico although to this forum you will always be 'our Roge'.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, woolley said:

Given that only essential medical supplies and other life and death mercy missions are currently allowed to land at Ronaldsway, it was interesting to note a Cessna jet coming in on Flight Radar 24 yesterday afternoon, having flown from continental Europe. Wonder what that was all about. Anyone know?

We could have driven down to find out, if we were not all on lockdown!

1 minute ago, woolley said:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LXA24Y/history/20200405/1257Z/ELLX/EGNS

This one Woolley? Came in from Luxembourg, picked up/dropped off, then left back to Luxembourg. One rule for the rich, one rule for the rest

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Any shred of credibility that your posts may have had Chancer, and I did take your point early on, has just run out. Say something constructive or don't bother. You're no better than the posters you criticise. But then again, are you for real ?  

• Like 1