Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

Lightbulb, the pix was right there above your post. Did you have to bloat quote it???

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

Lightbulb, the pix was right there above your post. Did you have to bloat quote it???

Sorry.

No, not that one, the one that I posted where they are in the nude!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kopek said:

815840-1.jpg

If you need a picture of people divorced from reality - you can't beat this one. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Kopek said:

815840-1.jpg

"Read out the proposed sentences please Mr. W"

"Yes of course  M'Lud Slinkey  - I propose;

Dilligaf - 4 weeks

Stinky - 4 weeks

That Twat Manximus - 4 weeks and err, err

The Susanofsheight - 4 months M'Lud".

"Anything in mitigation or defence Mr W?"

"Not a dickiebird M'lud"

Very well, take em down.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Dressed like puffed up popinjays when it's time to roll your sleeves up and muck in. A picture paints a thousand words...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

"Read out the proposed sentences please Mr. W"

"Yes of course  M'Lud Slinkey  - I propose;

Dilligaf - 4 weeks

Stinky - 4 weeks

That Twat Manximus - 4 weeks and err, err

The Susanofsheight - 4 months M'Lud".

"Anything in mitigation or defence Mr W?"

"Not a dickiebird M'lud"

Very well, take em down.

And what happend to Neil Down, was it execution, or did he just neil down ?

Edited by LightBulb

27 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Its because they are very important people lightbulb. Very important people

As in ?

7 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

That Twat Manximus - 4 weeks and err, er

Like they've even heard about you. 

Just had an email the iMuseum is going to be free from Thursday for the duration. Should be a useful resource. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Declan said:

Just had an email the iMuseum is going to be free from Thursday for the duration. Should be a useful resource. 

Why free?

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Any shred of credibility that your posts may have had Chancer, and I did take your point early on, has just run out. Say something constructive or don't bother. You're no better than the posters you criticise. But then again, are you for real ?  

I’m not on a credibility hunt. I’ve been a member for 10 years, most of which I’ve remained a viewer rather than a spewer. There are occasions though when Manx Crabism just pisses me off enough to vent my spleen.  Every time I do, normally sticking up for groups or individuals I get accused of being them (eg teacher, cop, Howard Quayle).  As a member I have the same right (as in ‘no right’) to post my views whether they be constructive or otherwise.  There are a lot of big ‘dick-swingers (not you) on here who benefit from a kick in the nads now or then. 

As you were.....

12 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

According to my piano accompanied covid tacker Luxembourg has the highest number of confirmed cases per 100,000 population on the planet. 

Fifth according to worldometers[1], having just been knocked down a place by Iceland adding in today's extra figures.  A lot of this is because of the small country effect of course.  Vatican City is at #1 with a whole 7 cases.  But it's also because small places do more testing and so discover more people with few or no symptoms who test positive.  Worldometer has added in new columns for total tests done and per 1 million population[2] and most of those with the highest number per head are small places (Luxembourg is #4) with a high number of cases per head.

Despite Quayle's bragging about testing, we're actually only at #13, though we started doing it properly later than some, so I suppose it's good for catch-up.  We're also #15 for cases per head though, just beaten by the Channel Islands (as usual).

[1]  One of the nice things about their main table is that it is spreadsheet form, so you sort it by clicking on the appropriate headings.  You'll have to add your own piano music though.

[2]   Though they haven't yet got figures for a lot of countries, including China.   It's worth making the point that this isn't the same as the percentage of people tested, as many who have been diagnosed with the virus will be tested again (maybe several times) to see if they are clear, as may some in vulnerable roles, such as medical staff.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, chancer said:

I’m not on a credibility hunt. I’ve been a member for 10 years, most of which I’ve remained a viewer rather than a spewer. There are occasions though when Manx Crabism just pisses me off enough to vent my spleen.  Every time I do, normally sticking up for groups or individuals I get accused of being them (eg teacher, cop, Howard Quayle).  As a member I have the same right (as in ‘no right’) to post my views whether they be constructive or otherwise.  There are a lot of big ‘dick-swingers (not you) on here who benefit from a kick in the nads now or then. 

As you were.....

More the merrier, I always say. All shades of views. It makes the place more credible if it reflects all shades of opinion. Better to avoid outright personal attack though, even if you feel the provocation. Think a smile before posting. ;)

Edited by woolley
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Given that only essential medical supplies and other life and death mercy missions are currently allowed to land at Ronaldsway, it was interesting to note a Cessna jet coming in on Flight Radar 24 yesterday afternoon, having flown from continental Europe. Wonder what that was all about. Anyone know?

1 hour ago, Manxberry said:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LXA24Y/history/20200405/1257Z/ELLX/EGNS

This one Woolley? Came in from Luxembourg, picked up/dropped off, then left back to Luxembourg. One rule for the rich, one rule for the rest

Thanks for the detective work, there, Manxberry, and to others for their speculation as to what was going on. No doubt all will be revealed at the next briefing.