Coronavirus Isle of Man

On The Bus

13 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I’m going to try that. Does anyone know where I can get tinned potatoes?

Tesco.

Tinned potatoes roast nicely, and quickly,  rubbed with herb and using duck fat. Not very different to Quilps recipe. 

Don't know know about squatters, but was a student staple in Hull in the mid 70’s.

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

How is it irony, if say for example you leave your mobile phone at home a lot, use cash most of the time and use a laptop for the internet...as I do?

The irony is that in one post he called me a "paranoid lunatic" and in the next post he was complaining about Apple and Google potentially having total control of everyone's movements. Surely only paranoid lunatics would object to massive transnational corporations having total control of all our movements? 

• Like 2

I have a lot of food arriving in the mail from various places. Unfortunately, some of them won't arrive for maybe two more weeks. Some I ordered in late March and they should arrive this week. I have organic tomato ketchup supposedly arriving Wednesday and hopefully some of the rye bread I ordered will arrive during the week -- not sure though because the company has suspended their online store, temporarily, in order to keep up with demand and existing orders, and that was back on March 28th with no further emails advising of dispatches. They said an average of  7 to 10 day delay, followed by normal delivery time, which ought to mean the items will arrive this week, but the lack of a dispatch notification doesn't reassure me. I spent around £80 on that order and I'm now low on funds so if they're going to take so long I'd rather they just refund the money and admit they can't fulfill the delivery. I'm basically at a point where I've spent all my month's food money on food that has not yet arrived at my door. lol

38 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I have a lot of food arriving in the mail from various places. Unfortunately, some of them won't arrive for maybe two more weeks. Some I ordered in late March and they should arrive this week. I have organic tomato ketchup supposedly arriving Wednesday and hopefully some of the rye bread I ordered will arrive during the week -- not sure though because the company has suspended their online store, temporarily, in order to keep up with demand and existing orders, and that was back on March 28th with no further emails advising of dispatches. They said an average of  7 to 10 day delay, followed by normal delivery time, which ought to mean the items will arrive this week, but the lack of a dispatch notification doesn't reassure me. I spent around £80 on that order and I'm now low on funds so if they're going to take so long I'd rather they just refund the money and admit they can't fulfill the delivery. I'm basically at a point where I've spent all my month's food money on food that has not yet arrived at my door. lol

Do you have any relatives you could eat? Or how about the cat?

• Like 1