Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

1 hour ago, On The Bus said:

There's going to be a massive number of extra  deaths whether we stay in lockdown for another 10 days or 10 years. Why do you think there are two massive chiller units apparently being delivered to Nobles?

To keep the seconded railway's staff's sandwiches cool. How much extra security can Nobles possibly need to function?

12 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Did Cannan suggest that?

There's a general election next year

He didn't deny it. Sometimes it's what they don't say in their answers that says as much as what they do say. 

Expect a summer budget. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

If government thinks it can tax the private sector indefinitely and destroy people’s lives and ability to earn while it maintains full public sector employment even if half of them aren’t actually doing anything then it’s got another think coming...

Fixed.

But it's been doing it the past 20+ years and has forgotten how to do anything else.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

He didn't deny it. Sometimes it's what they don't say in their answers that says as much as what they do say. 

Expect a summer budget. 

I would expect a summer budget with a complete review of immediate spending plans

I'd be very surprised if it went as far as laying off the in-house electorate

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

And cafes, bars, restaurants? What about those? Those are your preferred sectors, aren't they?

He only threw that one in to put people off the scent. What he wants is what's happening. The mythical 23rd. Just a case of making the data fit the decision now.

• Haha 1

So we currently have 118 active cases of corona. It's varied between 111 and 120 for a while now. 

1 minute ago, On The Bus said:

So we currently have 118 DIAGNOSED active cases of corona. It's varied between 111 and 120 for a while now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, On The Bus said:

I think a carefully phased and structured return to work from next Friday, maybe in construction and horticulture. Subject to performance data on Covid-19. 

Construction and Horticulture is the perfect match.

You go back to building and we'll all plant a tree to commemorate the event.

58 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Alf, master of avoiding the questions and running away from difficult ones.  He should get a medal.  

There's an interesting phrase in his statement:

"We may be able to take modest steps forward from next Friday BUT it will only be the Chief Minister who will be able to confirm to you next week that we are in a position to do so."

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=55171&headline=Treasury Minister's announcement in full&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2020&cat=Politics

45 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

There will be losers in this whatever happens; deaths, businesses, livelihoods, jobs

Welcome home, hope your family over there are Ok.

Are you in Camp Comis??? D'you get an upgrade? We'll all come and throw things over the fence to you, phones, drugs...stones!!:P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Construction and Horticulture is the perfect match.

You go back to building and we'll all plant a tree to commemorate the event.

Dandara staff have been down on a site by me today. Looked like they might be getting ready to reopen it?

Start with high value / easier to isolate sectors and move up

Laurie Hooper replying to that Josem bloke who posts here occasionally on Twitter

Just now, Kopek said:

Welcome home, hope your family over there are Ok.

Are you in Camp Comis??? D'you get an upgrade? We'll all come and throw things over the fence to you, phones, drugs...stones!!:P

I'm not back on island, I'm in the UK for the foreseeable. I decided against entering the government lottery to be picked to pay a grand and be interned for a fortnight so I'll ride it out. It's not ideal and I might be adding 'marriages' to the list of losers out of this but what will be will be. Lots to sort out over here anyway yet.   

• Like 2