Coronavirus Isle of Man

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Hopefully he did self isolate as per instructions, along with all the other passengers who arrived with him! Some hope I'm afraid.

If he came home on Sunday, there was no requirement to self isolate was there ?

• Like 1

He worked for the NSC and was in isolation since Monday. They knew, but the tests hadn't come back. Explains the all of a sudden new approach since Monday.

I predict full lockdown announced tomorrow. Battle stations...

Edited by NoTailT
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

If he came home on Sunday, there was no requirement to self isolate was there ?

No but here was a moral responsibility to do so in view of the GOvts advice on 'self isolating', does a few hours make an arguable case to ignore???

• Like 1

Have to agree with above tbh. I've felt all along while we hadn't had any confirmed cases it was only a matter of time. Now they need to go full lockdown . No in or out apart from key workers and students but they have to go in isolation for the 14 days. Sooner they treat this full on the sooner we will get back to normal . Feel for all businesses and workers who are going to be so affected by measures . Ohh and with this panic buying going  on we need to make sure our health workers have access to it ... Some terrible images and videos from NHS staff who can't get anything when they finished there shifts . There going to be the real heros in all this 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

No but here was a moral responsibility to do so in view of the GOvts advice on 'self isolating', does a few hours make an arguable case to ignore???

The advice from Friday 13th was that you didn't have to self isolate, regardless of the country you travelled from, unless you had symptoms.

Not sure what you expect him to do? He's followed the advice, and self isolated from when his symptoms became apparent. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I think I know who it is and I believe he was self isolating willingly . Knowing him if it's who I think he would be too . Nice guy 

Arrived back on-Island on AM Sunday morning Easyjet flight from Liverpool (Energy FM).

How many others on the flight?

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Arrived back on-Island on AM Sunday morning Easyjet flight from Liverpool (Energy FM).

How many others on the flight?

At a guess, packed. So possibly another 155 people as operated by A319.

All names of people on flights/sailings last two days, and from now on need to be published, surely. 

(A bloke down our road has been away a week or two, came back yesterday but managed to get out and about to do some stocking up at the supermarket).

Edited by gettafa
2 minutes ago, gettafa said:

All names of people on flights/sailings last two days, and from now on need to be published, surely. 

(A bloke down our road has been away a week or two, came back yesterday but managed to get out and about to do some stocking up at the supermarket).

Yep, someone I know of's first act of self isolation was to go to Tesco, not a little shop or their local supermarket, had to be the one most people on the island go to.

29 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I think I know who it is and I believe he was self isolating willingly . Knowing him if it's who I think he would be too . Nice guy 

But did he go to the doctors or the chemist? did he stock up on food etc when he got back?