Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

Recommended Posts

Many of us will have heard stories from people we know about people who have been out and about even though they or someone in their household has the virus.

There are 3 groups in particular who still don't take this thing seriously or don't believe that their lives should be affected: arrogant blowhards, conspiracy nutters and, unfortunately, some of the elderly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't think any of the relaxed regulations should cause a problem at all? This is really a balancing act, trying to balance people's mental health and financial wellbeing with their bodily health and wellbeing. Providing people are sensible, which they are still legally bound to be, then there shouldn't be an issue. 

I heard a joiner on the phone saying it was impossible for him to work exercising social distancing as the workers have to travel to work together in the van and they work too closely together?? Well the answer is simple, don't go to work in the same vehicle and don't go to work at all if you can't keep your distance, it's not hard to understand!

All of the same restrictions apply to everyone, except that you can go out in the fresh air a bit more, relieving the locked in feeling, providing that we keep our distance as previously. 

We do have a low number of cases, we would soon know if people are not behaving responsibly, there's plenty of people on Faceache to let everyone know!   

 

Max,get the bike out for a spin tomorrow before the rain comes ;-)

Edited by PaulJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pongo said:

Many of us will have heard stories from people we know about people who have been out and about even though they or someone in their household has the virus.

There are 3 groups in particular who still don't take this thing seriously or don't believe that their lives should be affected: arrogant blowhards, conspiracy nutters and, unfortunately, some of the elderly.

If it was me you and your busy body friends were gossiping about, I've been given the all clear by a medical professional. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't think any of the relaxed regulations should cause a problem at all? This is really a balancing act, trying to balance people's mental health and financial wellbeing with their bodily health and wellbeing. Providing people are sensible, which they are still legally bound to be, then there shouldn't be an issue. 

I heard a joiner on the phone saying it was impossible for him to work exercising social distancing as the workers have to travel to work together in the van and they work too closely together?? Well the answer is simple, don't go to work in the same vehicle and don't go to work at all if you can't keep your distance, it's not hard to understand!

All of the same restrictions apply to everyone, except that you can go out in the fresh air a bit more, relieving the locked in feeling, providing that we keep our distance as previously. 

We do have a low number of cases, we would soon know if people are not behaving responsibly, there's plenty of people on Faceache to let everyone know!   

 

I was out and about today with my colleague doing our thing, he went one South I'm one van, I went North in a separate can, however, whilst travelling, I saw, on two occasions two police vehicles both with two police officers none of whom had any PPE on, no masks, no gloves, therefore if it's ok for them to not social distance then surely it's ok for everyone else or are they immune to the virus?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

If it was me you and your busy body friends were gossiping about, I've been given the all clear by a medical professional. 

I have no idea who you are.

Apparently you don't either.

Also - I still don't believe your claim to have had the virus twice.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pongo said:

I have no idea who you are.

Apparently you don't either.

Also - I still don't believe you claim to have had the virus twice.

I was just jesting about the "if you meant me" bit. 

That being said, I genuinely did have the virus twice. Fact. But let's agree to disagree as I don't care if you believe me or not. I am now fully recovered so there is nothing to be gained from dwelling on it. I just hope it means an immunity has been built-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

I was out and about today with my colleague doing our thing, he went one South I'm one van, I went North in a separate can, however, whilst travelling

Have you hired Howard as a typist?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

If it was me you and your busy body friends were gossiping about, I've been given the all clear by a medical professional. 

Marown vets?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

I was out and about today with my colleague doing our thing, he went one South I'm one van, I went North in a separate can, however, whilst travelling, I saw, on two occasions two police vehicles both with two police officers none of whom had any PPE on, no masks, no gloves, therefore if it's ok for them to not social distance then surely it's ok for everyone else or are they immune to the virus?

i read in the indy that 8 coppers have been diagnosed with the virus and some have now returned to work,   if anybody is going to spread it around they are travelling in pairs with no PPE and not usually from the same household.  unless the pairings are permanent and the same shifts for the time being and they keep the same vehicle i can't see how they can possibly be working as safe as the rest of us are supposed to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, pongo said:

Most people in business here can work perfectly well remotely or else are trading with each other.

One good thing to come out of this crisis may well be a significant reduction in business travel and flights in particular. All over the world.

 

Good luck with trying to get our politicos on board with that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Good luck with trying to get our politicos on board with that one

Really? You think anyone wants to be cramped into plane any time soon. Playing Russian roulette breathing the same air as the person forced into the tiny seat next to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

If it was me you and your busy body friends were gossiping about, I've been given the all clear by a medical professional. 

Don't celebrate yet. My money is on you getting it for a third time.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Don't celebrate yet. My money is on you getting it for a third time.

If you have to try an angle,it may as well be a triangle

Edited by PaulJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Illegal?  Is it?

Yes

3 Amendment of the Emergency Powers (Coronavirus) (Events and Gatherings) Regulations 2020 In regulation 3 of the Emergency Powers (Coronavirus) (Events and Gatherings) Regulations 20202 —after the definition of “the Department” insert — « “gathering” means any meeting or assembly of two or more persons who are not members of the same household;».

http://www.tynwald.org.im/links/tls/SD/Pages/2020-Emergency-Powers.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Yes

3 Amendment of the Emergency Powers (Coronavirus) (Events and Gatherings) Regulations 2020 In regulation 3 of the Emergency Powers (Coronavirus) (Events and Gatherings) Regulations 20202 —after the definition of “the Department” insert — « “gathering” means any meeting or assembly of two or more persons who are not members of the same household;».

http://www.tynwald.org.im/links/tls/SD/Pages/2020-Emergency-Powers.aspx

but if you are social distancing 2 metres apart is it still a gathering,   is queuing up outside tescos or where ever with more than 2 in the queue a gathering? and if not then how does having the same people the same distance apart in nobles park suddenly become a gathering?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...