Coronavirus Isle of Man

On The Bus

53 minutes ago, Declan said:

Same are the old rules but you can go out longer.  I think.

But they're going to be published at mid-day, because the Council of Ministers only wrote them yesterday - according to Manx Radio.

That’s right...announced at noon today, 6 hours after coming into effect. How terribly helpful.

I've just been over the Mountain Rd and there was a cluster of hi-viz orange clad bods gathered at The Bungalow, presumably involved in the SMR works. Did anybody explain to them what social distancing was....?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

So I just read on Twitter that there could actually only be one active case in the Public domain if that is the case.  Why not shield those that need shielding and the rest can just get on with life?

And what about those who, potentially, don't know that they have it but can still infect others?

Everyone needs shielding. It's indiscriminate. 1 in 5 will get it bad according to many reports.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I wonder if perhaps you may be double counting. As you know, sadly, some of the 47 Abbotswood cases have died, some are in hospital and, hopefully, some may have recovered. Taking account of those who may be infected but not positively identified, it is likely that there are a lot more than one active case in the community. Absolute care is still required and will probably be for a while longer.

16 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

But like everyone has said we will all get it at some point it’s just about not over loading the hospital 

I don't think anyone who knows anything about it has said that "we will all get it at some point". There will still be some out there who are carrying the disease but strict adherence to social distancing guidlines should help to ensure that it is not spread and will, in time, hopefully die out completely. Stay safe.

Let's just follow Donald Trump's latest suggestion and inject ourselves with disinfectant.

Problem solved and never been a better time to be an undertaker.

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Let's just follow Donald Trump's latest suggestion and inject ourselves with disinfectant.

Problem solved and never been a better time to be an undertaker.

Worra fuckwit!

Mind you, we should have all encouraged him to follow his own advice first.