Coronavirus Isle of Man

Steal a march?

medicinal cannabis. That’s what it will be. Nobody will have thought of that!

seriously, if DFE have finally developed the agility to spring out of the traps and seize an opportunity, then maybe it will all be OK.

Alternatively, it could be a half-baked, ill thought-out snake-oil scheme like Pinewood or similar. 

Maybe Peel Holdings has offered them some tract of land in the UK and we are going to build ‘Manx World’ to take on Eurodisney?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Steal a march?

seriously, if DFE have finally developed the agility to spring out of the traps and seize an opportunity, then maybe it will all be OK.

Alternatively, it could be a half-baked, ill thought-out snake-oil scheme like Pinewood or similar. 

Maybe Peel Holdings has offered them some tract of land in the UK and we are going to build ‘Manx World’ to take on Eurodisney?

Yep, cannabis. That's why they've let the gardeners get back to work.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Steal a march?

We are experts at  Mickey mouse projects anyway   :-)

27 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Peel Holdings will have that sussed. With our record with Peel, we'd build the resort at our expense and then give it to Peel Holdings for free.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Clearly I won’t travel if the border restriction is still on. I booked the tickets in November. I’m supposed to be going to see a show with Bees, and miniBees, for my birthday.

I thought there was talk of the borders remaining shut for up to 12 month's not June!

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Steal a march?

send me some of what you're on please.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, wrighty said:

The point is to shut down onward spread, not to identify blame. 

As I later explained, my concern was not to identify blame.

However, now you mention it, the only person to blame for Howard Quayle catching the virus...is Howard Quayle himself.

Steal a march?

What's you're stance on recreational cannabis and it's use, surely if it's good enough for medical it's perfectly fine for adult recreational use?

5 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

What's you're stance on recreational cannabis and it's use, surely if it's good enough for medical it's perfectly fine for adult recreational use?

Same apply to heroin? Ridiculous analogy, and it’s your, not you’re - I had to do a double take to understand that. And its. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Steal a march?

We already have a Manx World here on Fraggle Rock.

Its the Tynpotwald Building on Prospect Hill, and the Lunatics sit every month, spouting shite and hot air. 

Seriously if we were to encourage any biotech or manufacturing, anyone serious would run a mile when they realise how much the state run energy monopoly company charges for electricity, and seriously rips of its citizens. Still The Treasury can borrow between £5million and £50million without any government approval. I can see Cronyism, Nepotism and Incompetence running amok. Sadly I don’t have any faith.

Incidentally, oil as hit rock bottom prices. Perhaps our state owned and overmanned energy and utility company may reduce electricity prices? Manx Gas too?

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, gettafa said:

However, now you mention it, the only person to blame for Howard Quayle catching the virus...is Howard Quayle himself.

More rubbish. Why is the CM to blame? Do you not think it’s possible to become infected without doing so deliberately?

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, finlo said:

I thought there was talk of the borders remaining shut for up to 12 month's not June!

Yes, but I wasn’t to know that when I booked the show and plane tickets last November.