Coronavirus Isle of Man

On The Bus

41 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm not I've got friends and family in the uk I'd like to see again not to mention holidays booked. You might be happy being stuck on this island forever but a lot of people arent 

leaving is ok, you just can't come back without 2 weeks in stalag comis.

20 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

People attending parties and promptly raising the COVID case numbers by 4 (and may be more to come?) are a good example of early relaxation, albeit unauthorised.

It's still with us. Given the incubation and infection period we need 10 -14 days with no new cases before we can start to lift. 26,000 deaths now in UK is a sobering number to consider.

that assumes you actually test everybody,  if you stop testing you won't know of any new cases,  remember right at the start of this fuck fest fat howard had a thromby insisting we had no cases here just because the case that was here hadn't been confirmed.

1 hour ago, Grayson said:

And of course until recently Rachomics ran the private dog shit analysts lab. So she knew it all really. 

To be fair, I used to design, validate and deploy DNA tests for ssRNA viruses for the entirety of UK DEFRA plant health and food security. It was only for around 13 years so I suppose I know sod all about anything. We used to run 20,000 tests per week with the set-up we had at DEFRA so - right now - 200 ssRNA Coronavirus tests per days seems like small-fry. Some of my contemporaries are running the "Lighthouse Labs" in the UK. But because I'm from the IoM and returned to the IoM with my "skillz" I must know stuff all. God, I love Manx Forums. It's right up my street :hug:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, rachomics said:

To be fair, I used to design, validate and deploy DNA tests for ssRNA viruses for the entirety of UK DEFRA plant health and food security. It was only for around 13 years so I suppose I know sod all about anything. We used to run 20,000 tests per week with the set-up we had at DEFRA so - right now - 200 ssRNA Coronavirus tests per days seems like small-fry. Some of my contemporaries are running the "Lighthouse Labs" in the UK. But because I'm from the IoM and returned to the IoM with my "skillz" I must know stuff all. God, I love Manx Forums. It's right up my street :hug:

I think you misinterpret my post. I think you’re great. I just know that part of what you do (did) is analyzing dog shit so you knew the machinery that had been purchased but not used by government. I’m not a typical MF poster I think. I think government so far has done so much so right. Thanks for your efforts. 

13 minutes ago, WTF said:

that assumes you actually test everybody,  if you stop testing you won't know of any new cases,  remember right at the start of this fuck fest fat howard had a thromby insisting we had no cases here just because the case that was here hadn't been confirmed.

It also assumes that you've got no long term asymptomatic carriers. If there's people walking round in the community potentially spreading it without knowing they've even got it or any signs....we'll never know without testing every man, woman and child.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grayson said:

I think you misinterpret my post. I think you’re great. I just know that part of what you do (did) is analyzing dog shit so you knew the machinery that had been purchased but not used by government. I’m not a typical MF poster I think. I think government so far has done so much so right. Thanks for your efforts. 

Don't worry about it. I'm as sarcastic as anyone else :)

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It also assumes that you've got no long term asymptomatic carriers. If there's people walking round in the community potentially spreading it without knowing they've even got it or any signs....we'll never know without testing every man, woman and child.

That makes no sense to me.  Its simply impossible to test every man, woman and child on the same day. If I was tested tomorrow it could be a different result if tested next week.