Coronavirus Isle of Man

On The Bus

30 minutes ago, NoTail said:

That makes no sense to me.  Its simply impossible to test every man, woman and child on the same day. If I was tested tomorrow it could be a different result if tested next week. 

Exactly. This virus is such a curve ball that it's going to be very, very difficult to counter. Which is why we need more time to assess it and give it time to either rear its head or preferably die off. Which unfortunately means lockdown.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Exactly. This virus is such a curve ball that it's going to be very, very difficult to counter. Which is why we need more time to assess it and give it time to either rear its head or preferably die off. Which unfortunately means lockdown.

We need more time to assess whether the lies and hysteria pumped by the media are forcing us further indoors. Not when the time might be right to emerge from this cage of lies and false information. 

7 minutes ago, Grayson said:

We need more time to assess whether the lies and hysteria pumped by the media are forcing us further indoors. Not when the time might be right to emerge from this cage of lies and false information. 

Just check out the body count. In the UK it's a scary number with the outlook of being the worst in Europe. Be thankful you are where you are.

The UK media are not trying with "lies and hysteria" to keep you indoors because that would be accusing Bozo and his brexit cabinet of being completely and utterly useless compared to, say, Germany. Unfortunately for weeks and weeks the UK has not had the means to test the general populace which means the virus is completely out of control.

Until they have some sort of idea what inroads it has made in the population at large they can't relax the lockdown.

Which means Mannin will be isolated until the morons in the UK government actually get to grips with the virus.

Like they should have done from the start, like Germany....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Be thankful you are where you are.

I’d be happily out there doing my job. But apparently that’s against the law. Doing your job only seems to be the preserve of people paid by government to go out and face the virus with children’s party goods and clown masks. Funnily enough I thought I’d paid my taxes for 20 years to see all this stuff work out as apparently planned. 

12 minutes ago, Grayson said:

I’d be happily out there doing my job. But apparently that’s against the law. Doing your job only seems to be the preserve of people paid by government to go out and face the virus with children’s party goods and clown masks. Funnily enough I thought I’d paid my taxes for 20 years to see all this stuff work out as apparently planned. 

What plan?

Laughable!

8 hours ago, NoTail said:

That makes no sense to me.  Its simply impossible to test every man, woman and child on the same day. If I was tested tomorrow it could be a different result if tested next week. 

But that's probably the nearest you're going to get to finding an answer to the problem, isn't it? Outside of that, the rest is a risk based assessment on what we/they know at this moment in time. A car MOT is only as good as the second it's been signed off.

Perhaps IOM would be an ideal place to try continuous mass testing providing Rachel is properly equipped(!)? 

11 hours ago, WTF said:

HA HA   in a nelson muntz laugh.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8270319/Music-festival-boss-jailed-flouting-new-coronavirus-rules-giving-officials-fake-name.html

it clowns like this that will fuck up lockdown easing,  10 weeks ?  i understand he's been on remand since getting back so he won't be far off time served if he was a good boy.

I wouldn’t normally  say something like this but that couldn’t have happened to a nicer chap. A more self entitled arsehole you could never wish to meet. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Grayson said:

I think you misinterpret my post. I think you’re great. I just know that part of what you do (did) is analyzing dog shit so you knew the machinery that had been purchased but not used by government. I’m not a typical MF poster I think. I think government so far has done so much so right. Thanks for your efforts. 

Too late. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Harmer doing the 4pm briefing today. 

That'll be the prom work restarting again then. 

No doubt, where has he been for the last month? You can be sure he will be full of waffle and bullshit. If it was my decision I personally would be telling the good folk of the Island that we simply cannot afford to continue the Promenade works until we know where we stand financially and that the Islands health and well-being is of more importance to the majority.