Coronavirus Isle of Man

On The Bus

3 minutes ago, Grayson said:

I don’t understand the question. I’m just trying to establish the reasons for some of the outright hostility that seems to exist on this forum for posters who don't post the usual government bashing rubbish or the repetitive scaremongering Covid nonsense. That’s all. 

In my time as a member I have been engaged with, challenged and occasionally praised (extra pink blush).  It all depends in my experience on what, and how, you post.

If, in general, we are an anti-establishment bunch but you are not, it would be best to stay away, because if you do act as a flag-waver for that establishment you are bound to get assertive disagreement with your position.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Starting May the 4th...ironic....we could have built a Death Star for the money they are pissing away on the promenade.

Bollox, DOI couldn't build a Death Star with Lego let alone cement and stones and stuff.

4 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

In my time as a member I have been engaged with, challenged and occasionally praised (extra pink blush).  It all depends in my experience on what, and how, you post.

If, in general, we are an anti-establishment bunch but you are not, it would be best to stay away, because if you do act as a flag-waver for that establishment you are bound to get assertive disagreement with your position.

There’s a difference between flag waving and saying that on balance they have done a good job so far (which I think they have). But they are making a mess of the economy related stuff and I’ve pointed that out. I also think they should take a pay cut which is hardly flag waving. I’d suggest some sort of cabin fever has set in here just reading the number of miserable and depressing posts posted by the same people about nothing and then the number of arguments started with anyone who points out the repetitive depressing rubbish. 

Edited by Grayson

31 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

And that's worrying because aren't airport security paid on a par with 'proper' bobbies?! Or was that issue sorted?

Either way, not to ask for ID to validate who you say you are beggars belief.

Flight was private and from CTA. No obligation to carry, present or produce ID.

There are anti terrorism legislation provisions relating to filing by pilot of paperwork with ground handling agents, special branch etc. Have been since 1970’s. Latest version 2005. GAR form below.  Paperwork should identify pilot and passenger. He wasn’t charged under that, so possibly that gave correct details. Although that obligation strictly falls on the pilot.

He was charged under Covid state of emergency regulations. A landing card type thing. Maybe not even security but the handling agent ( either Menzies or Private Jet  Centre )

My supposition is that he was known by someone, they cross referenced what he had filled in with other records. Bingo.

As for tracking, well known individual. Mobile phone user. Identifying number easy. MT or Sure could triangulate fairly quickly. However, and I’ve not read back, but my recollection was that a neighbour near Rivendell had reported that a previously empty property had become occupied.

No idea what airport security get paid. Airport Police were offered redeployment when security changed. They didn’t accept, presumably because pay was seriously lower. Family member was airport police. Much better offer to take redundancy than reduction in pay/conditions.

F4652944-844E-41FE-939C-787C5C5CEF37.png

9 minutes ago, Grayson said:

I don’t understand the question. I’m just trying to establish the reasons for some of the outright hostility that seems to exist on this forum for posters who don't post the usual government bashing rubbish or the repetitive scaremongering Covid nonsense. That’s all. 

You just post nonsense full stop. Aren't  you surprised that evokes a reaction?. It’s clearly what you are hoping for.

Don't play cute. I’ll repeat. Which other posters are you?

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You just post nonsense full stop. Aren't  you surprised that evokes a reaction?. It’s clearly what you are hoping for.

I’m sorry but I have no idea what you’re on about. As I said this forum seem to be experiencing some form of weird cabin fever you’ve all caught off each other. I don’t post nonsense at all. In fact benchmarking it against a lot of the depressing drivel and constant moaning about everything posted on here I think I score much higher. The cabin fever has most clearly set in though.. 

Edited by Grayson

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

A rhetorical question

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Chronic lack of self awareness.

That again seems to typify the general unwelcoming and confrontational attitude of this forum to any poster who has a different view. As I said I think you’ve all caught some weird form of cabin fever off each other during lock-down such is the general gloom and miserable nonsense posted on here. it’s like all posters have just merged into one great big miserable composite in a spiral of doom. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Haven't you guessed yet? The accusation that posters are either drunk or angry, the false dilemmas, the forum is sheight. All too familiar... 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Flight was private and from CTA. No obligation to carry, present or produce ID.

There are anti terrorism legislation provisions relating to filing by pilot of paperwork with ground handling agents, special branch etc. Have been since 1970’s. Latest version 2005. GAR form below.  Paperwork should identify pilot and passenger. He wasn’t charged under that, so possibly that gave correct details. Although that obligation strictly falls on the pilot.

He was charged under Covid state of emergency regulations. A landing card type thing. Maybe not even security but the handling agent ( either Menzies or Private Jet  Centre )

My supposition is that he was known by someone, they cross referenced what he had filled in with other records. Bingo.

As for tracking, well known individual. Mobile phone user. Identifying number easy. MT or Sure could triangulate fairly quickly. However, and I’ve not read back, but my recollection was that a neighbour near Rivendell had reported that a previously empty property had become occupied.

No idea what airport security get paid. Airport Police were offered redeployment when security changed. They didn’t accept, presumably because pay was seriously lower. Family member was airport police. Much better offer to take redundancy than reduction in pay/conditions.

F4652944-844E-41FE-939C-787C5C5CEF37.png

So the name of the passenger declared by the pilot on said form was the same fictitious name declared by the passenger when challenged? Did Security check the pilot's declaration?