Coronavirus Isle of Man

32 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Still I'm sure golfer speaks with authority as the golfing community is known to be dominated by badly-paid black women.

It has to be,who else is going to keep their offspring in check whilst shining shoes.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

The CM made a comment in his speech the other day along the lines of the border not re-opening for some time due to the high viral-load in the UK compared to the IOM - I completely understand and, to a large extent, agree with that position.

But, given that the two entities appear to be on divergent rather than convergent paths at the moment (i.e. The the UK seems to be aiming to tolerate 'some' whereas the Island seems to be aiming for 'none') - what end goal is being sought by IOMG? Is it that the Island should continue to seek to eradicate (or at least achieve close to zero) new cases with the expectation that the UK will follow shortly thereafter? Or is it that the two will never fully converge (at least in the short to medium term) in which case the border will reopen but with very significant semi-permanent controls? Or is it an expectation that UK viral load will reduce to the extent that re-opening can happen pretty much without restrictions because UK load levels, whilst still higher, would not swamp the Island health services?

None of the above is meant to be criticism of IOMG position - I'm just asking for clarification as to where (we think) we are heading?

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus
Posted (edited)

Andy O...''What's the 'whatever'? ''

2 meter wide rigid leg braces? Possibly Scimitars?

Could be an alternative to the schools' '3 legged Races'?

Edited by Kopek
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

The CM made a comment in his speech the other day along the lines of the border not re-opening for some time due to the high viral-load in the UK compared to the IOM - I completely understand and, to a large extent, agree with that position.

But, given that the two entities appear to be on divergent rather than convergent paths at the moment (i.e. The the UK seems to be aiming to tolerate 'some' whereas the Island seems to be aiming for 'none') - what end goal is being sought by IOMG? Is it that the Island should continue to seek to eradicate (or at least achieve close to zero) new cases with the expectation that the UK will follow shortly thereafter? Or is it that the two will never fully converge (at least in the short to medium term) in which case the border will reopen but with very significant semi-permanent controls? Or is it an expectation that UK viral load will reduce to the extent that re-opening can happen pretty much without restrictions because UK load levels, whilst still higher, would not swamp the Island health services?

None of the above is meant to be criticism of IOMG position - I'm just asking for clarification as to where (we think) we are heading?

Well one would expect to see on island fully back up and running fairly soon but borders closed for now.

I don't see how that closed borders approach would remain long term.  At some point the UK will be under control and fully open themselves.   The sooner the better.

They don't like it up them!!!

Roger Mexico  ''...........

Bloody Mexycans, they come over here filling our forums with sense, murdering us in our beds.

We need a wall, a big wall to keep out these Mexycans, yes Mexycans folks, they're trouble!

• Haha 1

Anyone else find that listening to Paul Moulton from MT is like having your ears drilled.  He's simply awful!!  If you're a journalist interviewing people, surely the job requirements are to be able to speak clearly, be understood and not waffle / feign being irate

• Like 2

So pretty much announced nothing then.  Why do you need a focus group to see if people can see each other ffs.  They know the confirmed cases are due to care workers and hospital so just let the rest of us get on ffs

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Kopek said:

They don't like it up them!!!

Roger Mexico  ''...........

Bloody Mexycans, they come over here filling our forums with sense, murdering us in our beds.

We need a wall, a big wall to keep out these Mexycans, yes Mexycans folks, they're trouble!

Kopek - you are mad uncle ronnie and I hereby claim my voucher for some free covid.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top news Quayle, not everyone has a fucking massive stash of cash sitting in their bank account to keep them going while you piss about writing 1000s of words saying bugger all.  

instead of just sitting back and waiting to see what Boris does, make your own bloody mind up and get people back working you lardy tosser.  

This whole sad state of affairs has lost you your job next year, back to shovelling cow shit for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Good job golfers can now all get on their boats...really thinking about everykne

And their planes!!

Just now, Golfer said:

And their planes!!

I feel like we have been led up the garden path here expecting some good news but the news is that there isn’t any news for anyone that matters.  They even said in the contact tracing they know where the positive tests are coming from so work with that and let the rest of us get on with our lives 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Top news Quayle, not everyone has a fucking massive stash of cash sitting in their bank account to keep them going while you piss about writing 1000s of words saying bugger all.  

instead of just sitting back and waiting to see what Boris does, make your own bloody mind up and get people back working you lardy tosser.  

This whole sad state of affairs has lost you your job next year, back to shovelling cow shit for you.

Except for garden centers reopening Monday the rest was in principle if xyz is ok!

so we may have retail shops open,construction back etc but no they can't send their kids to school without the teachers say so!!