Coronavirus Isle of Man

On The Bus

Just now, Non-Believer said:

If, as somebody posted earlier, there were up to 154 other people on that jet carrying the first confirmed case back to the Island on Sunday morning - where have they all bomb-burst off to and how many others have they been unwittingly in contact with since?

Really easy to get a manifest from easyJet for the flight, which has passenger details on. I just imagine there's not much manpower to do such a thing and chase people up.

Separately, if anyone is watching this and needs someone to be 'the bad man', I'm currently available for work if anyone needs a Bad News bear. PM me. 

7 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

How to appear to be being authoritive and attract global press attention on appearing to be doing something 101 by IOMGOV:

i.e. no case to answer.

Hold on, if he came back to the Island before the emergency regulations came into effect, and isn’t, apparently, showing symptoms, why does he need to self-isolate anyway?

3 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

Really easy to get a manifest from easyJet for the flight, which has passenger details on. I just imagine there's not much manpower to do such a thing and chase people up.

Agreed. But if 154 possibly infected people have each bumped into 10 friends, family and members of the public in the 4 days til the first case announcement.....

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Agreed. But if 154 possibly infected people have each bumped into 10 friends, family and members of the public in the 4 days til the first case announcement.....

That's what I mean, it's pretty much impossible and futile to chase them down at this point - only thing you can really do is test them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And the basis of transmission is apparently not via the air so just because a person was on the same plane does not mean you would catch. The most likely way is if they coughed, it transmitted to another person's hand and they wiped their mouth, eyes or picked their nose. Last time I checked when I was on a plane most other passengers where not within 2 meters of me.

Yes a few might have caught it but not 154. If it was that easily spread, with London having over 2 million travelling on the tube daily there would not be a person left in that part of the world who had not already caught it and we would be well on our way to herd immunity.

Just now, Donald Trumps said:

Ooh er, Johnson has just instructed all devolved administrations to close all pubs. restaurants, clubs etc to close tonight

& everybody not to go out tonight

Can't help but think that Quayle should wait until Boris makes his daily announcements before he does his.

• Like 3

Ooft, Chancellor just announced some 'unprecedented' serious stuff.

Shops restaurants and bars to close (repeat of Boris).

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - any employer - grant to cover majority (80%) of wages for those who cannot work, to keep them on payroll, up to £2.5k per month per person.