Jump to content

Coronavirus Isle of Man


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

It's from one of the early meetings probably this one:
 

 

When they were all "advised" to hold hands together, because these guys pay advisors on how to get someone to wipe their backsides the most expensive way possible (not necessarily the best way). If they blag it right, "we saved the island", but if it all goes tits up (as usually does with their decisions), blame the advise they got.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Why does Ashford say the news about senior race day 'leaked' out yesterday? That's not true, it was published on the Tynwald website.

Unless someone made a mistake and included it on the Order Paper when they shouldn't have. It does seem more likely that Cannan had surprised everyone with this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, majkul said:

When they were all "advised" to hold hands together, because these guys pay advisors on how to get someone to wipe their backsides the most expensive way possible (not necessarily the best way). If they blag it right, "we saved the island", but if it all goes tits up (as usually does with their decisions), blame the advise they got.

That's a fair amount of rubbish to fit into one small post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I love the photo which makes Cannan and Skelly look like two people running a fraudulent scheme who have just seen the police come through the door as they are trying to blag their way out of it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Golfer said:

Or the majority of teachers, March to September!

Listen in, it is clear you failed one way or another to become a teacher so instead of knuckling down you are tediously attacking teachers at any given opportunity. You are embarrassing yourself. Stop it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quilp said:

You're kidding yeah? What, like a load of belly-aching on here and more of the same on the comments section on iomtoady? Or perhaps farcebook? That's as far as it would go except maybe some token gesturing by one or two MHK's. Manxies haven't got the balls to take things any further for centuries the population has done little else but cap-doffing and forelock-tugging to land-owner entitlement. They know their place. 

I would not be so sure on that score now, lots of new blood on the Island prepared to put up a fight, they may not be Manx born, but have adopted here as their adopted homeland and are quite proud of that fact.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Plenty of bullshitting going on by Ashford IMO.

Just like he BS Moulton yesterday about the positive carehome case, but finally admitted it today.

So now a Gov care home has it.... wonder if they’re still gonna try rip Abbotswood owners a new one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Just like he BS Moulton yesterday about the positive carehome case, but finally admitted it today.

So now a Gov care home has it.... wonder if they’re still gonna try rip Abbotswood owners a new one.

He's gone full Tory doesn't even blink when he tells half-truths. Even when it was clear that Cannan had fired off early with this one he tried to blame it on a leak even though it was on the published Tynwald agenda. Remarkable really.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else suspect that today's briefing, which was clearly meant to concentrate on VE Day and little else, was originally going to be given by Quayle, pompously wrapping himself in various flags?  And then the Bank Holiday mess broke (because evil hackers got hold of that top secret document, the Tynwald Order paper) and Quayle chickened out with his usual grace.  So poor old Ashford was sent out to lie for his CoMin.

More worryingly he continued to bluster around the varying cases that have recently occurred involving health care workers and care homes.  As with much else that invokes confidentiality coming from the Manx government made no sense at all.  But there was also some worryingly circular thinking around PEP and belief that because co-workers were wearing it, they couldn't pass it on to each other and so there was no point in testing.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

Does anyone else suspect that today's briefing, which was clearly meant to concentrate on VE Day and little else, was originally going to be given by Quayle, pompously wrapping himself in various flags?  And then the Bank Holiday mess broke (because evil hackers got hold of that top secret document, the Tynwald Order paper) and Quayle chickened out with his usual grace.  So poor old Ashford was sent out to lie for his CoMin.

More worryingly he continued to bluster around the varying cases that have recently occurred involving health care workers and care homes.  As with much else that invokes confidentiality coming from the Manx government made no sense at all.  But there was also some worryingly circular thinking around PEP and belief that because co-workers were wearing it, they couldn't pass it on to each other and so there was no point in testing.

Both paras spot on Roger - the first being a forensic analysis of our not-up-to-it CM. Ashford  emerges with no credit either. Over the last 36 hours we’ve seen just what a poor ‘leadership’ this Island has. The genie and the bottle are no longer acquainted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Both paras spot on Roger - the first being a forensic analysis of our not-up-to-it CM. Ashford  emerges with no credit either. Over the last 36 hours we’ve seen just what a poor ‘leadership’ this Island has. The genie and the bottle are no longer acquainted.

The last time someone rubbed the bottle there was an almighty POOF!!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a shame because Ashford is about the only elected member of Govt who has any credibility with his performances up to now. It would be a great pity if all that is thrown away on account of his colleagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...