Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

Posted (edited)

Not so much of the old newby. My 40 years of cynisism of the Manx politics situation gives me an insight that you may have to dream about! You may not be aware that our Govt has fed us lies and staticics that they want us to believe is the truth but they, amongst us, would believe that that is what they want us to believe because that is their, Comins, idea of what they want us to believe is solution, coincident with the Comin solution!!!

Edited by Kopek
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I have long looked at Sids posts, have you?

Do you think that Women should be barefoot and pregnant and not allowed a voice in our affairs???

Only in Ramsey.

\well, that's quite understandable  for Ramsey! Not as thought they have to go far in their onesies to the Wicked aisle????

11 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Any indication where from? Existing cluster or fresh source?

No idea

To have a Senior Race Day Bank Holiday with a classic race commentary from yesteryear on broadcast media - Hailwood v Agostini? - would to me have been an enjoyable way of recognising what we have lost under the dull, dull pandemic restrictions

If the idea is to postpone til August so that the state doesn't have to fund it, I suspect the decision will come back to bite them on the bum

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

They may end up funding two bank holidays over a long hot sunny weekend where the people's inate desire to mingle becomes unstoppable, & achievement in suppressing coronavirus are set back significantly

Mannin Celtic League are descibing it as 'the Mother of all weekends'

Edited by Donald Trumps

1 hour ago, forestboy said:

No new cases today. 

Whoop whoop, lets open the borders and get rid of lockdown

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For clarity, I was being sarcastic

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Mannin Celtic League are descibing it as 'the Mother of all weekends'

Let's be honest: The Celtic League only really exists in their imagination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, pongo said:

Let's be honest: The Celtic League only really exists in their imagination.

The League of Mentalmen. 

8 minutes ago, The Chief said:

i feel thoroughly unmotivated today the constant bashing of the CS on places like this and now Howie's inference that we've had a 6 week holiday has really pushed it over the line. For any doubters out there i can assure you that everyone i know of in DHSC whether at home or various work places has not had 6 weeks off, some of us who normally have BH's off worked voluntarily over those periods without asking for anything and continue to do so. We don't earn £45,000 a year that you think we do. we don't have massive pensions you think we do, we do more hours than we should. we don't get overtime, bonuses, extra holidays and as for the 2.75% you have been bemoaning after tax and NI will probably just about fill my petrol tank.

Throughout this crisis there's hundreds of us across all sectors that have continued to work, shifted our practices, left the normal workplace and cut ourselves off from colleagues and friends to maintain as seamless as possible the whole system.

Howard, Alf, David and anyone else in charge who's interested we haven't had 6 weeks off we are working and will continue to do to the best of our ability to make sure the residents of the island get the services they deserve.

and now my coffee's cold, great!

Don't think anyone is referring to health care workers who are doing a great job although not sure on gps.

however the bulk of teachers and school ancillary staff,marketing teams etc have had 6 weeks off.