Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Golfer has whinged about everything since he came on here hopefully he will return to school or work very soon.

hopefully his carers will find his laptop and take it off him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Feelslike said:

A lot of parents are trying to work from home while look after their kids, trying to enforce a strict classroom routine on them, and get them to learn, is a battle many people will likely think isn't worth it in the present circumstances. But some random angry person on the internet wants all the teachers to be teaching so sorry, you need to share your work laptop with little Timmy and make sure he's learning for 6hrs a day. 

But Big Timmy is contracted to work from home 7 hours a day. Where does he find 6 hours to tutor Little Timmy form? 

2 minutes ago, Southfork said:

But Big Timmy is contracted to work from home 7 hours a day. Where does he find 6 hours to tutor Little Timmy form? 

Exactly, as teachers are not doing their job! Yes I have whinged about teachers as I see a lot more of them going off in car for the days, cycling, gardening and generally enjoying themselves whilst the rest of us are trying to work & look after the kids.

Check what lessons are available online, not a lot!!  CHildren without access to laptops, high speed internet and parents that care are suffering even more so those not in the same position stop criticizing those of us who have a point to make!!

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Exactly, as teachers are not doing their job! Yes I have whinged about teachers as I see a lot more of them going off in car for the days, cycling, gardening and generally enjoying themselves whilst the rest of us are trying to work & look after the kids.

Check what lessons are available online, not a lot!!  CHildren without access to laptops, high speed internet and parents that care are suffering even more so those not in the same position stop criticizing those of us who have a point to make!!

What? 

You've got yourself in a right tizz, haven't you. What exactly is your point because you seem to be agreeing with my position but instead of coming to the reasonable conclusion of "You can't give everyone the same learning at the moment, and it's unfair to expect it of parents/kids/teachers", you've jumped to "BUT THE TEACHERS WENT OUT IN THEIR CARRRR!!!1111ONEONEONE!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feelslike said:

What? 

You've got yourself in a right tizz, haven't you. What exactly is your point because you seem to be agreeing with my position but instead of coming to the reasonable conclusion of "You can't give everyone the same learning at the moment, and it's unfair to expect it of parents/kids/teachers", you've jumped to "BUT THE TEACHERS WENT OUT IN THEIR CARRRR!!!1111ONEONEONE!"

I am agreeing with you just pissed off at what I see as dereliction of duty by a lot of teaching staff whilst I'm working!!

22 minutes ago, Golfer said:

I am agreeing with you just pissed off at what I see as dereliction of duty by a lot of teaching staff whilst I'm working!!

Then change the filter with which you are currently viewing the world. "Angry" doesn't suit you.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Golfer said:

jealousy it is then.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Okay, so what do you expect them to do? Only teach the kids who are fortunate enough to have the resources to allow an on-line school day? I'm sure that will be very few of them, especially the younger kids. And then what happens to the disadvantaged kids, are they to be further disadvantaged? 

It's about striking a balance isn't it? The kids and families who are lucky enough to be able to keep their kids engaged with school work, can. The ones who have enough to worry about aren't feeling like a failure for not being able to commit the time it takes to get their kids to engage with school work, either.

There is no simple solution, and they're going with one-size fits all approach, which is all school has ever been if you think about it. Kids born 10 months apart start on the same day, and they're not separated by ability for all subjects, ever. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Golfer said:

Saw a teacher from down my road out on his bicycle the other day while out in the garden. Stopped and had a chat with the chap, he was on his lunch. Personally I prefer mine closer to 1 o'clock than midday but to each their own.

See. Look at that @Golfer! I didn't jump to conclusions! The world is much nicer when you just let things be.

Edited by DrunkenMonkey
  • Like 1

At least we don’t live in England.  We thought or messaging was a mess but wow Boris and his ministers have done a tremendous job of making everyone else look extremely competent

Be time to rebuild Offa's Dyke and Hadrians Wall at this rate.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

yes, to keep the cunts out of England.

Edited by WTF

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Yep,even the Italians didn't want Scotland

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The schools need to be back asap.  I especially feel sorry for the kids where school is actually the very best place for them to be each day in terms of welfare.

france getting schools back from tomorrow;

Schools are one of the biggest flash points in the government’s reopening plans. Education Minister Jean-Michel Blanquer has affirmed that 80 to 85 percent of primary schools will reopen as soon as Tuesday, May 12, with roughly 1 million children set to return to school. This will mark the first step toward a full reopening of the education system.

Again no pissing about with unions, just told get the schools open!

• Like 1