Coronavirus Isle of Man

9 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Just putting this out there....but imagine the the confirmed cases continues to stay at 0 and the active cases works its way down to 0. What does the government do then in regards to keeping state of emergency and social distancing as if it stays as it is for another week that is the actual situation they will face

I'd like to see them utilising the spare testing capacity to do some random testing on the general public to get an idea if there's a significant asymptomatic cohort out there.

Lucky dip on the electoral role sort of thing. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

I also left the security of the island for the complete and utter clusterfuck that Bozo has made of the pandemic in the UK because it looked like one of my kids had got the virus.

So I am very much subject to IOMG's decisions because we are now stuck here.

OK you have finally persuaded me. The IoM borders should be closed indefinitely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Am I correct in assuming that the border controls are only allowed in force...provided a state of emergency exists?

Or could the state of emergency be cancelled and we could still have border controls?

I think that they could. Practically speaking most will arrive on the Steam Packet or via the airport both of which the IoM Govt own so they could set whatever rules they like. Hike landing or harbour fee to £1,000 per person and you won't many traveling.

7 hours ago, Kopek said:

Pk, there is always the 'ignore' button and begone with the devil.

Would save the rest of us a whole oltta reading!!!

How do you do that? I've looked for an obvious button but can't seem to find anything. 

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

You know what? I do believe it is....

In the pressures of the lockdown has "Mental Health Awareness Week" helped you in any way?

Pity....

Pitiful trolling. You aren’t even any good at it no matter how persistent you are at it. So it’s straight to insults about posters being clowns and having mental health issues is it instead of debating anything like a normal human being? You’re a pitiful individual. I hope the borders remain closed for quite some time if you are on the other side of them. Maybe you’ll get so desperate to return at some stage that you’ll have to use your clown shoes as water skis. 

Edited by Southfork
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

How do you do that? I've looked for an obvious button but can't seem to find anything. 

Simples. Move your mousy pointy thingy over the picture that your chosen poster has put as his/her profile, and you get a pop-up box which has the friendly option at the bottom.

Just put your pointy thing over "Ignore User", press your left hand mousy button, and Bingo !!

Enjoy!

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Top right corner. Three horizontal bars. Tap. Go to account, tap. Bottom of drop down is “ignored users” you can add or remove there.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, english zloty said:

And they had buses they needed to use

They used Tours coaches to ship the "internees" from Heysham port onto the boat and the from the boat to the Comis, and all them DOI buses sitting doing fuck all.

Top U.K. Scientists are saying a lot of excess deaths in U.K. Are being caused by cancer treatments,scans, heart operations etc being cancelled and also reluctance to go to hospital with symptoms of other serious illness like strokes etc.

IOM will probably see some similar statistics along with rise in mental  health problems caused by lockdown.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Lurker. You've been on here for four years without ignoring anyone!

Oh, your poor addled brain.   :P

When threads drift in a direction that no longer interests me or if a particular poster spams a topic I usually drift away and do something less boring in stead but this is something I'd like to keep an eye on.

I've grown adept at scrolling past the usual bickering. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Uhtred said:

As Quayle was quoted last week, when answering a question concerning a ‘’possible loosening of border restrictions’, by saying such a thing was unlikely until ‘the distant future’, it would suggest that the government can keep the border closed even if there isn’t a declared State of Emergency - which doesn’t seem to be intended to extend into ‘the distant future’.

That'll be an interesting debate when the matter of renewing emergency powers comes back to Tynwald

Could the borders have been closed without a Governator declared State of Emergency?

1 hour ago, Golfer said:

Top U.K. Scientists are saying a lot of excess deaths in U.K. Are being caused by cancer treatments,scans, heart operations etc being cancelled and also reluctance to go to hospital with symptoms of other serious illness like strokes etc.

IOM will probably see some similar statistics along with rise in mental  health problems caused by lockdown.

Yes, this is Mental Health Awareness Week

Hope folks like Speaker Watterson will continue to work on 'self-isolation' being a bit friendlier to mental well-being by permitting solo exercise outside & gardening alone