Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

22 minutes ago, Southfork said:

That’s a really small percentage. That doesn’t really back up up your assertion that al lot of people don’t have problems as I’m aware of a lot of issues several businesses have had due to appalling internet service. We’re paying some of the highest broadband rates in Europe yet the service is barely adequate most of the time. 

I'm getting a huge amount of drop-out on my fibre lately

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

It has to be a key objective of the next government that the island has internet capacity & capability that is world class

& affordable to all

• Like 2

Just now, Donald Trumps said:

I'm getting a huge amount of drop-out on my fibre lately

Does it happen between about 11am and 3pm? That's when it was dropping a lot for me while I was off. Rest of the time it has mostly been ok.

• Like 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Does it happen between about 11am and 3pm? That's when it was dropping a lot for me while I was off. Rest of the time it has mostly been ok.

Yes mostly, occasionally in the evenings

52 minutes ago, Kopek said:

At least with vaping you can see the exhaled breath and duck around it! You can also see how quickly it dissipates. Vape and cigarette smoke is blown out at a higher speed than normal exhale speeds.

Dissipates does not mean disappear.

Certainly not in this matter when it comes to the virus. The  very much unseen enemy.

1 hour ago, Southfork said:

I’m aware of a lot of issues several businesses have had due to appalling internet service.

12 hours ago, Southfork said:

That’s an anecdote not a fact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Southfork said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=35445

So were not such a great place to remote work from.

The MT and Sure spokes quoted in that article respond accurately - making roughly the same points as I raised with you last evening. The service here on the island is pretty good - certainly compared with many equivalently geographically diverse parts of the UK (or the whole planet frankly). And we can look forward to further improvements over time. Which is lovely.

(and before some clever clogs comments on my IP  - yes I am currently connected via a provider in London. From the IOM). 

Just now, pongo said:

The MT and Sure spokes quoted in that article respond accurately - making roughly the same points as I raised with you last evening. The service here on the island is pretty good - certainly compared with many equivalently geographically diverse parts of the UK (or the whole planet frankly). And we can look forward to further improvements over time. Which is lovely.

(and before some clever clogs comments on my IP  - yes I am currently connected via a provider in London. From the IOM). 

Still desperately trolling I see ;)

Just now, Southfork said:

Still desperately trolling I see ;)

Disagreeing with you on a technical matter I know more about than you is trolling?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Changing subject, see Bill Simmons is trying to get our highly paid politicians to work some of their 3 months summer holidays during the present crisis.

Not much chance of many agreeing to work during the summer even if there is a crisis!!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/call-for-tynwald-to-sit-through-the-summer-amid-pandemic/

Edited by Golfer

26 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Changing subject, see Bill Simmons is trying to get our highly paid politicians to work some of their 3 months summer holidays during the present crisis.

Not much chance of many agreeing to work during the summer even if there is a crisis!!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/call-for-tynwald-to-sit-through-the-summer-amid-pandemic/

Shimmins

Good to see someone in Manx politics actually tackling the bureaucracy

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wilson said:

Fair enough it’s an option. But you’ll be broke. 

I doubt it...

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Shimmins

Good to see someone in Manx politics actually tackling the bureaucracy

stupid boy,  he's just grandstanding looking for votes down the line.

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

stupid boy,  he's just grandstanding looking for votes down the line.

Oh look what we have here, an old fart with wisdom of the aged

No.1 Twat Badge - brainboxcandy.com