Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

Theres a couple of other posters that would have been better used on there Donald, WTF is quite funny.

Guernsey have just been on BBC news, as first of British Isles to remove all restrictions, schools all opening etc.

https://guernseypress.com/

the news reporter mentioned that they are now under pressure to open borders due to massive losses in income , Jersey also mentioned as losing £120m pm . IOM not mentioned!!

Shimmins is the best candidate for next CM 

In my immensely humble opinion

Edited by Donald Trumps

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Shimmins is the best candidate for next CM 

In my immensely humble opinion

The Smiling Assassin.

He wasn’t brilliant at RBS International, if he was they would have kept him on, and he was the boss at that.

however, unlike some on here, I respect your humble opinion.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The Smiling Assassin.

He wasn’t brilliant at RBS International, if he was they would have kept him on, and he was the boss at that.

however, unlike some on here, I respect your humble opinion.

Well this is the thing, Shimmins is perhaps the only candidate for the CM role with sufficient experience in literally massive organisations like RBS to take on drastic reform & refocus of the elephantine labyrinth that is IOMCS/PS 

I don't think any other of the contenders would even contemplate it

(Tho' Minister Thomas may issue a thesis on this & connected issues)

I saw this article online from our local rag.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=55795&headline=Hotel owner and nurse threatened&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020

it seems the Ellan Vannin Hotel is and has been housing some of the islands ‘vulnerable’ residents. Unfortunately in this case, things haven’t gone to plan. IOMG have obviously been spreading their taxpayers resources around, but it would be nice if hotels that play fair, have provided refunds to TT bikers booked for this years festival, were helped over others that have kept monies, and provided untold unfortunate negative publicity.

1 minute ago, Donald Trumps said:

Well this is the thing, Shimmins is perhaps the only candidate for the CM role with sufficient experience in literally massive organisations like RBS to take on drastic reform & refocus of the elephantine labyrinth that is IOMCS/PS 

He did want to close the PCS pension schem to new entrants and up the contributions more but got overruled by COMin 

• Like 1

Hotels are not the place for the homeless or the vulnerable

There is any amount of empty property available, why put them in buildings that are designed for transient visitors? It's just nuts

1 minute ago, Golfer said:

He did want to close the PCS pension schem to new entrants and up the contributions more but got overruled by COMin 

Hopefully he'll put significant reform in his manifesto & just get on with it if he's elected/appointed

3 minutes ago, Golfer said:

That's what I mean - none of the other contenders for the CM role have the courage or experience to take on significant reform

2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

You have a point. 
He is my constituency MHK but sadly to me he is less use than a chocolate fire guard. I think if he gets the CM role, he will be pre/programmed by the Civil Service. 

Chris Thomas will hopefully be despatched by the good citizens of Douglas Central. 

He's the only candidate for the role I view with any optimism

Mr Thomas will face significant competition in Douglas East but will I think be re-elected

7 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Hotels are not the place for the homeless or the vulnerable

There is any amount of empty property available, why put them in buildings that are designed for transient visitors? It's just nuts

I have suggested on here and to at least a couple of politicos and ex Douglas politicos that I thought the Old Nurses Home in the hands of a  independent third sector provider, would make a very good hostel. It could be used to provide self contained units, clean, tidy and functional bedsit type accommodation, or small studio apartments for vulnerable and ‘homeless’ individuals. Some of these people need life experiences, under a watchful eye, sadly this island molly coddles people, throw money at the problem.

• Like 4