Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
On The Bus

Coronavirus Isle of Man

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

If you were a technical person with any sort of analytical inclination you would take some time to look at the data on which that article is based - and you would look at the methodology used - and think about whether the conclusion you are drawing from the article could reasonably be measured or extrapolated from that data. You might even think about how or why the 'survery' was even published.

But you aren't.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it. The mighty Pongo knows more than anyone else on this forum about everything. Several independent surveys have been categorically clear on the differences in broadband service between here and Jersey. You can pull that card if you want and try to argue black is white for pages if you want but in more than one survey the IOM has ranked substantially behind Jersey. To the point that the one referenced by me had Jersey at No3, and the IOM at No63. Those are verifiable facts. Not petulant commentary from anonymous self-claimed internet experts. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Surveys are totally worthless. Always have been and always will be

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1

Just now, Scotty said:

Surveys are totally worthless. Always have been and always will be

In the opinion of one person (or is that about 4 people now the same repetitive argument seems to be all merging into one) 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it. The mighty Pongo knows more than anyone else on this forum about everything. 

I certainly know a lot more than you or the Daily Mail about networking. That's for sure.

But you're definitely better than me at whinging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

I certainly know a lot more than you or the Daily Mail about networking. That's for sure.

But you're definitely better than me at whinging.

You seem to have an obsession with the Daily Mail and your superior levels of knowledge. 

Oh, or is that PK who also has the same obsession? I can never suitably separate between several baseless ranters on this forum. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Southfork said:

I’m sure you’ll stop in time. 

Such a sad person. Did you

not know your parents then ?

Edited by Scotty
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Such a sad person. Did you

not know your parents then ?

You seem to have a penchant for bizarre outbursts that are completely unintelligible. 

Edited by Southfork

24 minutes ago, Southfork said:

You seem to have a penchant for bizarre outbursts that are completely unintelligible. 

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Southfork said:

In the opinion of one person (or is that about 4 people now the same repetitive argument seems to be all merging into one) 

My granddaughter aged two thinks you are an idiot

15 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

My granddaughter aged two thinks you are an idiot

That’s great. Do you let her read these forums with all the offensive language and such or did you just make that up? How do you pronounce your name again? Is it Neil or Kneel? 

Edited by Southfork
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

I have suggested on here and to at least a couple of politicos and ex Douglas politicos that I thought the Old Nurses Home in the hands of a  independent third sector provider, would make a very good hostel. It could be used to provide self contained units, clean, tidy and functional bedsit type accommodation, or small studio apartments for vulnerable and ‘homeless’ individuals. Some of these people need life experiences, under a watchful eye, sadly this island molly coddles people, throw money at the problem.

I suspect the mollycoddling was more of the hotels than of the vulnerable.  Most places in England seem to have been using fairly modest places -  providing they were ensuite, so that the new guests could be isolated from each other.  Here the recipients of government cash have just been the usual suspects, including the Sefton.  I also wonder if the whole Comis fiasco was as much about 'doing something' for the right hotels as it was about disease control. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I also wonder if the whole Comis fiasco was as much about 'doing something' for the right hotels as it was about disease control. 

Definitely. 

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect the mollycoddling was more of the hotels than of the vulnerable.  Most places in England seem to have been using fairly modest places -  providing they were ensuite, so that the new guests could be isolated from each other.  Here the recipients of government cash have just been the usual suspects, including the Sefton.  I also wonder if the whole Comis fiasco was as much about 'doing something' for the right hotels as it was about disease control. 

Of course Roger.  Great screw for Sefton group housing the homeless at a whopping 27 quid a night.  :rolleyes: