Coronavirus Isle of Man

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

1 minute ago, WTF said:

a selfie NB ?

Took it last time I was in Peel, oddly enough... :lol:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

I think make up counter ladies should be classed as "essential workers"   if it wasnt for them, the ladies in our lives would be like extras from the Japanese prisoner of war tv series "Tenko" by now.

Ahhh you've met Mrs Baps then?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Calling Wrighty. 

Just looking at the graph on the govt website.  It looks like, had we done nothing at all, we would be in the same position now anyway , except a lot more deaths and cases in between.

I am mightily impressed with how well we have performed but wonder whether Boris should just throw in the towel as the uk have made such a mess. It will clear itself anyway in a few weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, NoTail said:

wonder whether Boris should just throw in the towel as the uk have made such a mess. It will clear itself anyway in a few weeks. 

He already has, and it won't be a few weeks, its going to be a few months, and possibly longer. I'm properly annoyed at how much they've fucked it up, and I didn't even have a holiday booked.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:55 PM, Uhtred said:

My neighbour’s 8 year old grandson who takes much pleasure in reading the news headlines from the BBC website to me off his tablet device is very likely to take grave exception to that remark.

Meanwhile, if anyone was naive enough to pose the question ‘Why doesn’t Cregeen present one of the briefings?’ they now have their answer. 

(Now that Cregeen is at Home Affairs, I wonder if the Chief Constable has to explain what’s going on by using those little LEGO figures of the cop and the guy in the stripey top with the mask and swag bag. Cregeen probably also thinks that white collar crime is people shoplifting shirts from M&S).

It was the second time that day that he had risen from a warm seat with a piece of paper in his hand

8 hours ago, squelch said:

It was the second time that day that he had risen from a warm seat with a piece of paper in his hand

Having produced the same material on both occasions.

• Haha 3

I think we'll be studying the impact of Howard Quayle's 'Mother Of All Weekends' for years if not decades to come

31 minutes ago, 2112 said:

A classic case of Manx Solutions to Manx Problems - caused by COMINs Manx Fcuk up!

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=55982&headline=No study on impact of bank holidays&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020

Not brilliant or clever I’m afraid, still a nice long weekend for civil servants and other office workers. 

Isn't it a case that it will be more positive than a bank holiday next Friday when nothing is open?

• Like 1

The Police are it again, almost triumphant. I’m sorry but it’s the Manx population, young and old that have borne the brunt. Everyone has played a part, but with press release like this sounds like they want a lot more credit. Does Gary Roberts want a medal? For putting a stop to the Coronavirus pandemic on the Isle Of Man single handed, an MBE! Hopefully he may retire, and we can have a CC which is interested in resolving crime rather than PR and Spin.

https://www.three.fm/news/coronavirus/police-praise-progress-to-no-active-covid-19-cases/

• Like 1