Coronavirus Isle of Man

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Golfer said:

They’re not as I asked and as I said they didn’t know anything about the antibody test so maybe the lab are doing them but not telling anyone the results 

Well I can tell you that they are 'cause I was offered one on Thursday as I had blood sucked from my arm by a lady dressed up as a cyberperson

20 minutes ago, WTF said:

I know someone who was tested within the last week, results were negative but they have still been told to self isolate, why if the test says they don't have it ?   That seems like the real bullshit to me.

Scroll up 4 posts above your original post. Wrighty tells all

1 minute ago, Donald Trumps said:

Well I can tell you that they are 'cause I was offered one on Thursday as I had blood sucked from my arm by a lady dressed up as a cyberperson

You have to give consent. They can’t just run random tests. Unethical. So would not telling the results be.

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You have to give consent. They can’t just run random tests. Unethical. So would not telling the results be.

People have tests every day without explicit consent. Did you, for example, consent to having your basophil count done last time you were bled? Most tests aren’t consented for explicitly - consent is implied by turning up and rolling your sleeve up.

Consent for the covid antibody test has been discussed. It’s in the form of an information leaflet as far as I know. I do think we’re over thinking it though - it’s not like HIV tests in the 1980s which had implications for getting a mortgage etc. 

8 minutes ago, wrighty said:

People have tests every day without explicit consent. Did you, for example, consent to having your basophil count done last time you were bled? Most tests aren’t consented for explicitly - consent is implied by turning up and rolling your sleeve up.

Consent for the covid antibody test has been discussed. It’s in the form of an information leaflet as far as I know. I do think we’re over thinking it though - it’s not like HIV tests in the 1980s which had implications for getting a mortgage etc. 

This is what I heard. I actually think it’s poor if the easiest way of getting the numbers up is to automatically screen everyone undergoing a blood test for Covid without their express consent. 

11 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Can you ask to have antibody test when having blood test then or not ?

i asked for it and the nurse knew nothing about it and I want one as was very ill with symptoms end January after returning from Spain 

20 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I consented to various tests, I ask what each one is for if it’s new. 9 sample tubes taken, last time. And I know Basophils were amongst the FBC and that I’m in normal range. As it happens.

Being given the info leaflet is a form of consenting.

Theres a difference between FBC with 12? blood elements and adding an antibody test for a virus, legally and ethically.

• Like 1