Coronavirus Isle of Man

On The Bus

I have heard (and also read on here, in particular) of quite a few (10 at least, I think) that had presented with COVID symptoms (and more) but their results returned negative. One of which was my own GP.

I do wonder if we're looking at another virus running in parallel with COVID. Flu may be? 

7 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

I'm more than willing to donate blood or plasma but because I had a transfusion 20 odd years ago my blood is unwanted. Wish they'd sort of look into that because I feel as if I owe a few pints back to humanity. I'm no Welcher, plus my blood is beautiful blood beautiful shiny red blood.

I'm in a similar situation - I traveled to South America (Brazil) in 2017, and anyone who ever travels there is never allowed to donate blood again - until they donate blood in UK or elsewhere with better testing than IOM.

23 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I have heard (and also read on here, in particular) of quite a few (10 at least, I think) that had presented with COVID symptoms (and more) but their results returned negative. One of which was my own GP.

I do wonder if we're looking at another virus running in parallel with COVID. Flu may be? 

There are people who believe that anyone with these symptoms (headache/cough/tight chest, high temperature, loss of taste and smell etc etc) MUST have had Covid therefore the tests are fake/rubbish if they come back negative and the government are covering all this up.        Most people get some or all of these symptoms when they get the common cold.      

17 hours ago, Josem said:

I'm in a similar situation - I traveled to South America (Brazil) in 2017, and anyone who ever travels there is never allowed to donate blood again - until they donate blood in UK or elsewhere with better testing than IOM.

I have friends in the States today who aren't allowed to donate blood because they were in UK during the 'Mad Cow Disease' era.

9 minutes ago, Blackajah said:

There are people who believe that anyone with these symptoms (headache/cough/tight chest, high temperature, loss of taste and smell etc etc) MUST have had Covid therefore the tests are fake/rubbish if they come back negative and the government are covering all this up.        Most people get some or all of these symptoms when they get the common cold.      

That's exactly why I mentioned a parallel virus?!

The positive prof on Twitter posted a link to some Italian research that suggested there was a significant % of antibody tests that came out negative for people who tested positive for Covid. The theory was that they were mild cases where existing viral antibodies (flu etc) fought off the virus.

14 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Anyway. Corona Virus Isle of Man.

Do we know why those military helicopters came over here during lockdown or is it a thecret?

I think you're referring to this:

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_624264.html

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mod-logistics-experts-arrive-by-helicopter/

Yep, that's the one.

Even that there Skype was invented back then. And tellingbones. Seems a bit odd going round meeting people all over the shop face-to-face via helicopter during a pandemic.

Anyway, I s'pose we'll never know.