Coronavirus Isle of Man

Drove past the grandstand somewhere between 11:30 & 12:00 today and noticed about a dozen cars queuing up at the C-19 testing station which appeared to be fully manned.

Are we witnessing another outbreak?

• Sad 1
  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

What a 3rd?

what with the one at Christmas, the one just gone and now another!!!

Or, it may be, as pointed out numerous times, those on the regular testing regime.

• Like 2

I had heard on the grapevine that someone came back through PTS in last few days has tested positive. No wonder they said 'no stats till Tuesday', if it transpires to be fact. I assume the contact tracing team are doing their bit, which again - if it does prove to be fact - that it would lead to an increase in tests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I had heard on the grapevine that someone came back through PTS in last few days has tested positive. No wonder they said 'no stats till Tuesday', if it transpires to be fact. I assume the contact tracing team are doing their bit, which again - if it does prove to be fact - that it would lead to an increase in tests.

If factual, perhaps illustrates how prevalent it still is in the UK !!

On 7/5/2020 at 7:49 AM, NoTailT said:

No new cases today so I suspect this rumour came from the breakdown issued last week showing where the 336 cases came from including coincidentally one from patient transfer. 

6 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

N’ah, they are lying to us - that bloke in the pub is always right.

So who is still on the regular testing regime now that there have been no new cases for the last 48 days?

I'd be more interested to know how many positive & negative antibody tests there have been so far.

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

So who is still on the regular testing regime now that there have been no new cases for the last 48 days?

I'd be more interested to know how many positive & negative antibody tests there have been so far.

Interesting news on BBC News online this afternoon. Data is emerging that suggests that only 22% of those testing positive in the UK testing regime show any symptoms. Which could suggest an awful lot of asymptomatic carriers. 

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

I know a couple of GPs getting done every week, but they don't go to the testing station. Other medical staff done regularly too.

27 minutes ago, woolley said:

I know a couple of GPs getting done every week, but they don't go to the testing station. Other medical staff done regularly too.

AFAIK my GP practice still only doing telemedicine calls.

7 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

AFAIK my GP practice still only doing telemedicine calls.

But they are seeing some patients too. Not everything can be done by phone.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

No new cases today so I suspect this rumour came from the breakdown issued last week showing where the 336 cases came from including coincidentally one from patient transfer. 

Well, I mean, I consider my source pretty reliable. But god knows. Hence I was a bit unassuming in my original post.

Edited by NoTailT
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 2:44 PM, Roger Mexico said:

The Mail article was clearly taken in their usual manner, from the article that appeared some hours before on IOM Newspapers - without acknowledgement and no doubt payment.  Typically the Mail managed to get rid of all the more interesting details, though it's possible that "Lhergy Cripperty" broke their spellchecker.  I was particularly amused that "[Richard Malcolm Powell] provided a fake name ’Richard Howell’ as well as a false date of birth, address and phone number".  Clearly a master of disguise - no wonder it took six days to catch him (Actually it doesn't reflect well on the authorities - think how many people he might have infected in that time).

The Mail also managed to reduce the sentence "Powell was previously found guilty in his absence for the theft of a fire extinguisher, a fire bucket and confectionery from the Wessex garage in Douglas, as well as driving without insurance or a licence in October 2014" to the more boring "the theft of a fire extinguisher and a motoring offence".  This is why we need local papers and don't need the Daily Mail.

I see his conviction for the arriving and not properly declaring  has been overturned. The requirement to fill in the Covid arrival form only applied to arrivals from designated infected areas. No areas were designated until two days after he arrived!

https://www.judgments.im/content/J2714.htm

• Like 2
  • Haha 1