Coronavirus Isle of Man

12 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

So why did he use a false name? 

Possibly because he knew he had breached bail and been convicted in absentia for the offences at Westminster Garage.

• Like 1
  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I see his conviction for the arriving and not properly declaring or staying isolated has been overturned. The requirement to fill in the Covid arrival form only applied to arrivals from designated infected areas. No areas were designated until two days after he arrived!

https://www.judgments.im/content/J2714.htm

That’s interesting. I expect there are probably quite a few legal challenges going on given some of the stormtrooper behaviour over lockdown. 

10 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

That’s interesting. I expect there are probably quite a few legal challenges going on given some of the stormtrooper behaviour over lockdown. 

And no doubt compensation and legal costs from public purse. 

• Like 1

He still seems to have been validly  sentenced to "4 weeks custody consecutive and a fine, costs totalling £1,925 and disqualified from driving for 3 months in respect of the Warrant Offences. The Applicant was also ordered to forfeit £800 of the £1,000 recognisance ordered as part of his bail in respect of the Warrant Offences".  So some of his imprisonment was legal and that might reduce any compensation if granted.

What I found interesting is that before these regulations existed, there seems to have been no requirement for someone arriving by private jet to fill in any paperwork on arrival giving their name etc.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

He still seems to have been validly  sentenced to "4 weeks custody consecutive and a fine, costs totalling £1,925 and disqualified from driving for 3 months in respect of the Warrant Offences. The Applicant was also ordered to forfeit £800 of the £1,000 recognisance ordered as part of his bail in respect of the Warrant Offences".  So some of his imprisonment was legal and that might reduce any compensation if granted.

What I found interesting is that before these regulations existed, there seems to have been no requirement for someone arriving by private jet to fill in any paperwork on arrival giving their name etc.

I find it interesting that nothing has been done regarding the care home visitors from Jersey. It’s on hold, no doubt indefinitely! There’s a reluctance to persue enquiries and actually extradite these people for legal proceedings. As people already know Guernsey have taken the quarantine rules seriously and actively fine people heavily or imprison them. Here it’s a case of ‘who you know’ and one rule for one and one rule for another. No doubt HRH The Chief Minister and Co will bring on the dick waving competition between the island and the Channel Islands as who is more brilliant at this, and top of the scoreboard at that. 

35 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I find it interesting that nothing has been done regarding the care home visitors from Jersey. It’s on hold, no doubt indefinitely! There’s a reluctance to persue enquiries and actually extradite these people for legal proceedings. As people already know Guernsey have taken the quarantine rules seriously and actively fine people heavily or imprison them. Here it’s a case of ‘who you know’ and one rule for one and one rule for another. No doubt HRH The Chief Minister and Co will bring on the dick waving competition between the island and the Channel Islands as who is more brilliant at this, and top of the scoreboard at that. 

I am sure you know better than that.

It has been  said that if our coppers go to Jersey to persue this, they would have to self isolate, meaning a total waste of time and money. 
It isn’t game over , just a waiting game.

34 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I am sure you know better than that.

It has been  said that if our coppers go to Jersey to persue this, they would have to self isolate, meaning a total waste of time and money. 
It isn’t game over , just a waiting game.

Not as key workers they wouldn’t have to isolate, same as all the others 

13 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually, there is always a requirement for the aircraft operator to submit (in advance) details of everyone on board. These go to Border Force/Special Branch/Customs/Immigration depending where you have come from. There are always a myriad people tracking flights on public radar and taking photos when they are on the ground. If you are trying to sneak in somewhere you don’t use a private  jet!