Jump to content

Coronavirus Isle of Man


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

The Island's strong defence is that expensive stretch of water.

It's UK's defence too but they pissed all over it.

And it looks like so has IoM.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from the Rob Vine Fund   Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954

@Lost Login - (and anyone else who thinks this doesn't apply to them particularly) I seem to recall you're an accountant so you can do this. Set up your own model of exponential growth in numbers

There's a lot of difficult concepts and difficult decisions being made here.  I'll have a go at a further explanation.  Possible long post ahead. First the difference between 'public health' and

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, GaryBirchill said:

Bit of a hunk, I guess.

Hey GaryBirchill, you got lots and lots of of bog roll in your house.

How do I know......

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Same in the UK, everyone fucking about like it's just a nice weekend to get out and about.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51988877

 

I think you will find that most of the people who are acting as if everything is ok and a bit of a joke, have actually, er, stocked up on loads and loads of bog roll.

They've done their bit to their maximum ability.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Hey GaryBirchill, you got lots and lots of of bog roll in your house.

How do I know......

I have couple of rolls for downstairs, which I keep for guests, I prefer a bidet, what do you know?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Having seen strand street today you could have thought there's a Christmas sale on or something. People clearly aren't taking this seriously enough. 

 

Does anyone else not think it’s a bit pot/kettle/black berating everyone for going out shopping while going out to the shops to video them doing so? His point is correct though. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GaryBirchill said:

I have couple of rolls for downstairs, which I keep for guests, I prefer a bidet, what do you know?

Your IP.

(and that you've got lots and lots of toilet rolls. Haven't you.)

Edited by gettafa
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wrighty said:

Does anyone else not think it’s a bit pot/kettle/black berating everyone for going out shopping while going out to the shops to video them doing so? His point is correct though. 

He does look a bit clammy, perhaps if he paid the road tax on his cars he could get out of town and get some fresh air.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Does anyone else not think it’s a bit pot/kettle/black berating everyone for going out shopping while going out to the shops to video them doing so? His point is correct though. 

I don't think Germans get irony

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Does anyone else not think it’s a bit pot/kettle/black berating everyone for going out shopping while going out to the shops to video them doing so? His point is correct though. 

 

He's trying to do his bit. Get with the program and be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Better than anything MTV could put out.

 

one question about the social distancing match model, what if you are a tall person?  It only seems to work if you are shorter than everyone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the impression that until the general population see such drastic measures as schools closing, they won’t really take things seriously.

the UK including the CI are a couple of weeks ahead but that shouldn’t mean humpty numpty shouldn’t be showing proper leadership and making more decisions to truly flatten the curve before we follow suit.

It might well take someone dying over here for the message to sink in, it’s doubtful it will be a single death though.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

I get the impression that until the general population see such drastic measures as schools closing, they won’t really take things seriously.

the UK including the CI are a couple of weeks ahead but that shouldn’t mean humpty numpty shouldn’t be showing proper leadership and making more decisions to truly flatten the curve before we follow suit.

It might well take someone dying over here for the message to sink in, it’s doubtful it will be a single death though.

I don't know, but I suspect a lot will change this week...Alf Cannan's suspected budget announcements tomorrow, followed by pub closures etc.

Depends how closely they are mirroring the UK, especially in terms of the number affected and health service capacity.

The 'bulk' testing they have now started, and the results, will drive much of it I imagine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...