Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Chinahand

Cornonavirus: self isolating, home working, tips and questions

Are you working from home?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Data is king in times of uncertainty!?

So let's have a survey - are you working from home?  Are you, or a family member, symptomatic?

Vote, but also change your vote if your circumstances change!

• Thanks 1

Done

Happily retired.

As you say, data is king.

Currently the island 15,000 pensioners 65+.

Nobles Hospital has up to 350 beds.

Getting pretty worried about my work situation, had a job postponed because the clients are self isolating. It was a couple of weeks work too supposed to start next Monday. Got about 10 days work booked in. Self employed too. Fuck.

I'm yes to 1 and 2...bit no to 3...but am self isolating as I am shopping/supporting elderly folk.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Getting pretty worried about my work situation, had a job postponed because the clients are self isolating. It was a couple of weeks work too supposed to start next Monday. Got about 10 days work booked in. Self employed too. Fuck.

Sadly, it's you guys who'll feel the brunt of this

A lot will bear the brunt of this. Hospitality, events, food and drink providers, tourist accommodation - the list goes on. 

I’m on minimum wage with no savings (Only just recently moved back into bricks and mortar) but have had to leave work because I’m dealing with mainly older people all day. Hopefully I’ll get signed off and the invalidity payments will at least cover the monthly direct debits but for people like Teapot, if the work dries up, what will he do? 

Rice and beans and run the risk of getting kicked out of the flat in a couple of weeks when the rent money runs out. Fucking bullshit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Rice and beans and run the risk of getting kicked out of the flat in a couple of weeks when the rent money runs out. Fucking bullshit.

I would hope that nobody loses their home over this. Banks appear to be going the extra mile to help out. Private landlords should do the same. We are all caught up in this vicious circle...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Good luck with finding some rice!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I'm yes to 1 and 2...bit no to 3...but am self isolating as I am shopping/supporting elderly folk.

That's me too. Though this contract will end sooner or later because of the current situation. But I've lived through worse (for me I mean) and will pick it up again.

Did you find it difficult to convince older people to take it seriously?

Edited by pongo
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

For the sake of other people - I hope that there will be rent and mortgage holidays. Frankly any landlord who kicks someone out at this time would be asking to be feathered. Though I doubt anyone would.

Edited by pongo

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

That's me too. Though this contract will end sooner or later because of the current situation. But I've lived through worse and will pick it up again.

Did you find it difficult to convince older people to take it seriously?

Not difficult, folks calmly made the decision last week to start isolating this week.

Only prob now is my son's family today isolating because of his child's symptoms (sent home, hopefully just a cold). However that makes all my answers above 'yes' now as I was there a day ago.

Poopy pants time for me for 7 days now though :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chinahand said:

Vote, but also change your vote if your circumstances change!

Can't see an option to do that?