Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Don't worry though, all government staff still on full pay down there. Earning their shekels

They should all be on the £280 setting a damn fine example.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They should all be on the £280 setting a damn fine example.

That'd be an increase for some.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

That'd be an increase for some.

I meant the management more than the menzies/costa/cafe staff!

Posted (edited)

Oh no, all the private staff have been let go or reduced to minimum. They were never on above median wages. Just the government workers left. 

Last chance to flee the island before you're stuck with the boat...

Edited by Manxberry

44 minutes ago, forestboy said:

London City now closed. 

Someone should tell Ronaldsway because the flight is open for check in according to the board.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Someone should tell Ronaldsway because the flight is open for check in according to the board.

Website says suspending from this evening so I suspect this flight will get away although the arrival one due at 1625 is cancelled..

Edited by forestboy

41 minutes ago, snowman said:

Good.  If the travel had been stopped the island wouldnt have the problems it's got now

At what point/date would you have stopped flights then, given you have the benefit of hindsight?

I'm curious if anyone has an easyJet booking for travel in April, which the airline have now effectively cancelled. I say 'effectively' as all flights are still on their booking engine but show was 'sold out'. After 30th April, flights are bookable again.

Has anyone with a booking for April been contacted, and what options were you given? I'm reading elsewhere that they are trying to get customers to take vouchers, rather than accept a refund. 

I had two flights cancelled in March. One was refunded very quickly, the other shows as 'refund pending' after two weeks, so I suspect there's some slight of hand here. 

56 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I'm curious if anyone has an easyJet booking for travel in April, which the airline have now effectively cancelled. I say 'effectively' as all flights are still on their booking engine but show was 'sold out'. After 30th April, flights are bookable again.

Has anyone with a booking for April been contacted, and what options were you given? I'm reading elsewhere that they are trying to get customers to take vouchers, rather than accept a refund. 

I had two flights cancelled in March. One was refunded very quickly, the other shows as 'refund pending' after two weeks, so I suspect there's some slight of hand here. 

Yes. I’ve 9 between 31 March and 27 April. None refunded yet. Two I’ve had cancellation e-mails, but I’m only offered transfer of booking. I understand they’re dealing in date order and will only refund 48 hours before actual departure as booked.

Its in their interests, cash flow wise to keep the cash and encourage people  to rebook. That’s why most winter 20/21 flights are £29.

Ive still got a pending refund from 15/2.

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

At what point/date would you have stopped flights then, given you have the benefit of hindsight?

In fairness, this isn’t an issue of hindsight. We had foresight because of what was happening elsewhere. It was clear where the curve was going and we had a real opportunity to get well ahead of it. 

I’d have looked at restricted arrivals to residents only about a fortnight, maybe 3 weeks ago. Requisitioned a hotel for 14 days isolation. Release to community after test or 14 days passed. Quite possible that society could have continued with a degree of normality.

But let’s go with what we’ve got now, and do it well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Yes. I’ve 9 between 31 March and 27 April. None refunded yet. Two I’ve had cancellation e-mails, but I’m only offered transfer of booking. I understand they’re dealing in date order and will only refund 48 hours before actual departure as booked.

Its in their interests, cash flow wise to keep the cash and encourage people  to rebook. That’s why most winter 20/21 flights are £29.

Ive still got a pending refund from 15/2.

Thanks John, that's pretty helpful. I'm sure they're anxious to conserve cash, and it makes sense to deal in date order. The refund I'm due has an actual date of travel of 2nd April, so that would explain why it still shows as 'refund' pending. 

4 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Thanks John, that's pretty helpful. I'm sure they're anxious to conserve cash, and it makes sense to deal in date order. The refund I'm due has an actual date of travel of 2nd April, so that would explain why it still shows as 'refund' pending. 

They haven’t actually listed my IoM LPL on 30/3 and LPL BCN on 31/3 as disrupted yet. So they aren’t even showing as refund pending. 

We will get there in the end, I’m sure.