IOM Services Directory

14 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

Unless you're female that would be pointless.

it isn't the worst spectator sport out there,  howards public addresses for one.

7 hours ago, WTF said:

it isn't the worst spectator sport out there,  howards public addresses for one.

"I'd like to remin-remind people"

"Free up s'precious time"

I'm not sure if he's Foghorn Leghorn or Arkwright

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2020 at 1:11 PM, Galen said:

In these every changing times, is anyone aware of a IOM central services directory where the details of who and what is open, when and to whom, available online?

For example, while the Island's stores have made certain hours available to NHS staff/ elderly people, each company has, understandably, different times and on different days. One location where you could see all the information in one place would reduce wasted trips and unnecessary contacts?

I appreciate that this would need initially require some effort to be set up, and while potentially prone to pranksters, one would hope that most people would be responsible and allow our local providers to appeal to a wider audience. It may even reduce those who feel the need to panic buy. 

I think the main reason this hasn't been done is the GDPR minefield that it inevitably entails.

1 hour ago, SulbyStraighter said:

I think the main reason this hasn't been done is the GDPR minefield that it inevitably entails.

Not really. Collating public information and tabulating isn’t a GDPR issue. The big issue is keeping it up to date.

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Not really. Collating public information and tabulating isn’t a GDPR issue. The big issue is keeping it up to date.

Sounds like a gap in the market.

Manx Forum worker bees, get on this!

22 minutes ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Sounds like a gap in the market.

Manx Forum worker bees, get on this!

Scroll up

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1