Tesco click and collect help!

I have an account with Tesco, made an online order and tried to check it out for click and collect, put in my IOM postcode and it showed my nearest store as Carrickfergus, tried to phone and Tesco Website for help which is a waste of time, whats going on? is click and collect no longer available at Douglas store? any help much appreciated, thanks.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can get in store delivery for non food items. Think you are confusing that with click + collect for food. Problem with food is they need a chill and freeze store. Click and collect food items

It used to work. I ordered a shredder and picked it up from the store five days later

A prepaid plan? At a supermarket? WTF is that? Sounds like a funeral deal.

Posted Images

Click and collect has never been available, has it? Think the development of the store, which was subsequently vetoed, was going to allow the implementation, but obviously that never happened.

All stores should implement Click and Collect to keep their staff safe and public safe.

Even just essentials to keep it simple  - say milk, bread, egg, spuds.

It used to work. I ordered a shredder and picked it up from the store five days later

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You can get in store delivery for non food items. Think you are confusing that with click + collect for food.

Problem with food is they need a chill and freeze store. Click and collect food items need to be chilled. They collect early. The trolley may sit around 12 hours before you collect. Or you may not collect and stuff may go back on display.

Tesco Douglas doesn’t have the space, or the installed chill/freeze facility. There’s no Local warehousing in their supply chain either.

Tesco applied for PP for a mezzanine, that would have freed up floor space to store 20, or so, trolleys. Planning knocked it back.

• Like 2
Just now, John Wright said:

You can get in store delivery for non food items. Think you are confusing that with click + collect for food.

Problem with food is they need a chill and freeze store. Click and collect food items need to be chilled. They collect early. The trolley may sit around 12 hours before you collect. Or you may not collect and stuff may go back on display.

Tesco Douglas doesn’t have the space, or the installed chill/freeze facility. There’s no Local warehousing in their supply chain either.

Tesco applied for PP for a mezzanine, that would have freed up floor space to store 20, or so, trolleys. Planning knocked it back.

Thinking about it you may well be correct. I ordered it in store and customer service ordered it. Pretty sure they referred to it as click and collect though.

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

My wife and daughter used to order from home, online or from the Tesco catologue, then get me to collect from Lake Road

Exactly what I did which is how I came to register an account with them, as they have your address indicating your location I would have thought they would have made it known that click and collect for groceries is not possible at the Douglas store, I spent half an hour selecting items and adding them to my basket and the at checkout not able to complete and a further half hour trying to contact them by phone for clarification having to listen to all sorts of crap including how to apply to Tesco for a job:angry:

1 minute ago, hagar the horrible said:

Exactly what I did which is how I came to register an account with them, as they have your address indicating your location I would have thought they would have made it known that click and collect for groceries is not possible at the Douglas store, I spent half an hour selecting items and adding them to my basket and the at checkout not able to complete and a further half hour trying to contact them by phone for clarification having to listen to all sorts of crap including how to apply to Tesco for a job:angry:

Our family only ever ordered household stuff or clothing. Not sure when the service ended though.

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Our family only ever ordered household stuff or clothing. Not sure when the service ended though.

Not sure it has. Click & collect for food has never been available.

8 minutes ago, hagar the horrible said:

I’m obviously OCD/anally retentive. I always book my slot first.