Jump to content

Douglas Borough Council


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Would this not affect local authority housing which make up huge percentages of their constituencies? it would surely have an impact? 

I don't follow the connection? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The man is the personification of the whole IoM Public Sector attitude to life. We're owed a living and we don't care how it's paid for. I wonder what they'll do when a third of Douglas small bus

This is just Christian blubbering that a big boy did it and he ran away.  We saw exactly the same thing with closing the Cemetery - he claimed it was because of the government regulations.  The fact t

I see he's now blaming government, they're making DBC charge business rates He doesn't want to do it but he has no alternate course of action available to him We're forced to conclude that D

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Would this not affect local authority housing which make up huge percentages of their constituencies? it would surely have an impact? 

All social housing on the island needs transferring into one single all-island housing association. It's been a political football for too long. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

We all use the services and infrastructure within Douglas, why shouldn’t all of the island be paying towards it? One local authority would be more cost efficient, I’d be surprised if it’s more effective.

What services and infrastructure is that then?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

All social housing on the island needs transferring into one single all-island housing association. It's been a political football for too long. 

OK. But not public sector. Make it a third sector body as in the UK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, finlo said:

What services and infrastructure is that then?

I don't use any services or infrastructure provided by Douglas Corpy. If I venture into Douglas I might patronise businesses there, thus contributing to the abilities of those traders to pay the town's inflated rates. In no way is Douglas subsidising me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, woolley said:

I don't use any services or infrastructure provided by Douglas Corpy. If I venture into Douglas I might patronise businesses there, thus contributing to the abilities of those traders to pay the town's inflated rates. In no way is Douglas subsidising me. 

Exactly, my primary reason to go there is to catch the ferry!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, finlo said:

What services and infrastructure is that then?

The amenity site? I go there because of the extended opening hours in summer, my rates don’t cover it though. 

A lot of the other public buildings/sites I was thinking of don’t seem to fall under their responsibility, in which case I don’t understand why their rates are so high if it’s only a library, horse trams and car parks they’re responsible for.

Edited by Annoymouse
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

The amenity site? I go there because of the extended opening hours in summer, my rates don’t cover it though. 

A lot of the other public buildings/sites I was thinking of don’t seem to fall under their responsibility, in which case I don’t understand why their rates are so high if it’s only a library, horse trams and car parks they’re responsible for.

They provide no more facilities for the rest of the island than any other local authority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

The amenity site? I go there because of the extended opening hours in summer, my rates don’t cover it though. 

A lot of the other public buildings/sites I was thinking of don’t seem to fall under their responsibility, in which case I don’t understand why their rates are so high if it’s only a library, horse trams and car parks they’re responsible for.

Aren't the horse trams not part of their remit anymore, since going to the DOI, or do the ratepayers still contribute to that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...