Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
LightBulb

Where did this start to go wrong for Howard Quayle ?

On 4/25/2020 at 2:09 PM, PaulJ said:

But it got him some avoidance from the public view when it started to become too much for him to face

He's back - bigger & bitter better

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SulbyStraighter said:

I've been pretty impressed with HQ so far.

Admittedly he nipped at a few reporters' ankles a few times but the man's under a lot of pressure.

I agree I think he, Ashford and Cannan have done fine so far we now need to start opening up the economy. It’s already too late for some people’s jobs. 

Ashford get`s my vote, thrown in at the deep end, and has cum up trumps. ( no pun intended ).

Posted (edited)

He's been in the job over a couple of years, so not really thrown in at the deep end

Edited by gettafa

2 minutes ago, gettafa said:

He's been in the job over a couple of years, so not really thrown in at the deep end

But gets my vote in an election!!

On 5/9/2020 at 3:38 PM, Donald Trumps said:

He's back - bigger & bitter better

You missed Dr Henrietta:

Star wars 0011.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I quite like the cut of Ashford gib to be fair.  His handling of questions is good.  Especially the way he slaps the stupid ones down.

You're on the wrong tack there. Crane your neck in 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gettafa said:

It’s no different to what’s happening in the UK. BJ looked totally burned on the BBC this evening as he’s trying to explain flexible options and risk management to petrified idiots who have been conditioned to believing that all is fine as long as they stay indoors. They’ve run out of ideas and as all we seem to have done is follow the UK on everything so far I think it’s looking like we’re in some sort of headless crisis too. But we made the very sensible decision to close our borders when the UK didn’t so hopefully we can re-group and now create our own way forward. I don’t think any of them here have done much wrong. The big issue seems to be that a ridiculous amount of people believe that the virus will go away if we all stay in our own houses for months on end and close absolutely everything down. And that they will all get paid indefinitely while they lock themselves away. It won’t, and it isn’t. The virus is here and we need to get used to living with it longer term by taking sensible precautions. UK furlough payments reduced from 80% to 60% from end of June. The message if some haven't got it yet is get back to work while you still have a job. 

Edited by Southfork
  • Like 1

Alf needs to reduce our support schemes as well as unaffordable and look to reduce government wage bills 

1 hour ago, Golfer said:

Alf needs to reduce our support schemes as well as unaffordable and look to reduce government wage bills 

The latter needed doing 10yrs ago. The exact opposite has happened and none of them have had the inclination or balls to address it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The latter needed doing 10yrs ago. The exact opposite has happened and none of them have had the inclination or balls to address it.

It all fits in to the flawed policy of increasing the population to enable managing the CS/public sector pension hole. How are they going to reduce head count in this area . They need to but without throwing lots ! of money at lots of current workforce its not happening .