The Davinci Code

plan_b

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read Angels and Demons this summer,although i have to admit i wasn't thrilled to carry on after i realised this was no fiction about angels and demons per se, it was actually a conspiracy set against the Church - a good piece of literary work,though, I can recomment it.

I haven't had the pleasure of reading any other of dan bronw's works,and there seems to be many contradicting views on the Da Vinci Code - should i bother??

• 2 weeks later...

well i just finished reading the Da Vinci code. Personally, as a work of fiction, i really enjoyed it, however, i did figure out who the Teacher was early on and other codes seemed easy to work out - maybe i'm a descendant of Mary Magdalene ;) I wouldn't take the book too seriously, although it is a good theory, and could be real - i mean look at the bible, full of stuff that really is unbelievable, so what ever take you have on this, well worth the read IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the fourth Dan Brown book that I've read. Well three read and this one half way through but I'm reasonably enjoying it up to now.

I've been pouring over The Last Supper trying to see what he saw. It's a very awkwardly positioned dagger it has to be said.

Angels and Demons was excellent and as I read that one first of all, I hope I haven't spoiled the Da Vinci Code for myself.

is there any correlation between the DaVinci story and those books that are sueing the publisher?...

Yes and Dan Brown won.

• 1 month later...
Total tosh. By page 25 I was sticking pins into myself to take away the dullness and nonsense.

Written by someone who cannot write for people who cannot read.

it did not do his bank balance any harm thats for sure,it looks like being able to read and write is a real burden...........

• 2 weeks later...

Novels - pulp fiction. Not intended to be agonised over.

I enjoyed both DB books..and any film that Jerry Bruckheimer produced. Landing on a steel asteroid and blowing it up - brilliant! Totally believable!