Jump to content

Music service and other extra services - expendable post corona?


Destinymoon
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, asitis said:

There is an awful lot needs to be re evaluated and / or cut post Corona if our economy is to recover. I do not think for one moment the current politicos have either the cojones or the priorities to do it !

In terms of a list, [education] in any form should be a long way down the culling !

[__________] enter the name of your profession/trade/work here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Do the same satisfaction poll on any worker anywhere. Most are pissed off and exhausted after all the **** they’ve had to put up with in the last 2 years. 

Offshoremanxman is correct.

I am afraid if there are any people anyway who shouldn't be annoyed at the moment it is probably the teachers  who have had full pay throughout.

If there are then any teachers who should be less annoyed than the others I would suggest that would be the music teachers the sewing teachers the RE teachers and the other non subject teachers.

I would suggest this poll has probably been skewed by a bit of dischord (deliberate) amongst a small number of people like the one who probably started this thread.  I actually cant think of many easier jobs with guaranteed pay and holiday through COVID than being a DESC music teacher.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Trevor535 said:

Offshoremanxman is correct.

I am afraid if there are any people anyway who shouldn't be annoyed at the moment it is probably the teachers  who have had full pay throughout.

If there are then any teachers who should be less annoyed than the others I would suggest that would be the music teachers the sewing teachers the RE teachers and the other non subject teachers.

I would suggest this poll has probably been skewed by a bit of dischord (deliberate) amongst a small number of people like the one who probably started this thread.  I actually cant think of many easier jobs with guaranteed pay and holiday through COVID than being a DESC music teacher.

Are you suggesting teachers should have lied about their views of their leadership and jobs rather than truthfully answering the questions? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Do the same satisfaction poll on any worker anywhere. Most are pissed off and exhausted after all the **** they’ve had to put up with in the last 2 years. 

Except if you actually read the article or look at the attached file with the results, you can see that all these workers are not equally happy.  The responses from some schools were good, that of others awful.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Except if you actually read the article or look at the attached file with the results, you can see that all these workers are not equally happy.  The responses from some schools were good, that of others awful.

Are you missing the point or being deliberately obtuse (or both)

The post you are replying to was obviously talking about people who didn't have the luxury of being teachers on full pay throughout.

Like window cleaners, builders, electricians, mechanics, most self employed people, dog groomers, holiday home sitters, hospitality staff, laundry workers.

Anyone but a music teacher on a cushy government contact basically.

Can anyone name a more secure and easier job over the last couple of years outside of the civil service?  We will exclude shit journalists.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote from article

 

The Music Service consistently recorded the worst scores, ranking bottom for staff confidence in management decision making, management being aware of the challenges faced by stafff, senior management being honest in their communication with staff, team management and overall happiness at work.”

I’m sure their manager is delighted at the staff who have supported their efforts….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Destinymoon said:

Quote from article

 

The Music Service consistently recorded the worst scores, ranking bottom for staff confidence in management decision making, management being aware of the challenges faced by stafff, senior management being honest in their communication with staff, team management and overall happiness at work.”

I’m sure their manager is delighted at the staff who have supported their efforts….

What are they/you unhappy about?

I would probably mark my manager about a three but I dont know what she could actually do better that is within her powers.

What is your actual complaint in January 2022 in the midst of a pandemic as a music teacher on full pay?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Trevor535 said:

What are they/you unhappy about?

I would probably mark my manager about a three but I dont know what she could actually do better that is within her powers.

What is your actual complaint in January 2022 in the midst of a pandemic as a music teacher on full pay?

 

The point of such surveys is to identify problems and improvements. They have no value if people think "well really I want to rate this a 2 but there's a pandemic" and change their answers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trevor535 said:

Are you missing the point or being deliberately obtuse (or both)

The post you are replying to was obviously talking about people who didn't have the luxury of being teachers on full pay throughout.

Like window cleaners, builders, electricians, mechanics, most self employed people, dog groomers, holiday home sitters, hospitality staff, laundry workers.

Anyone but a music teacher on a cushy government contact basically.

Can anyone name a more secure and easier job over the last couple of years outside of the civil service?  We will exclude shit journalists.

Actually a lot of people have had secure jobs outside public employment.  The comparatively low levels of unemployment even at the worst times over the last two years show that.   Taken as a whole unemployment was actually worse in 2012-13

But that's irrelevant because the point I was making was that we are talking about something completely different and complaining because other people don't want to start talking about your own obsessions is just silly.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trevor535 said:

Offshoremanxman is correct.

I am afraid if there are any people anyway who shouldn't be annoyed at the moment it is probably the teachers  who have had full pay throughout.

If there are then any teachers who should be less annoyed than the others I would suggest that would be the music teachers the sewing teachers the RE teachers and the other non subject teachers.

I would suggest this poll has probably been skewed by a bit of dischord (deliberate) amongst a small number of people like the one who probably started this thread.  I actually cant think of many easier jobs with guaranteed pay and holiday through COVID than being a DESC music teacher.

It’s tricky to work a sewing machine over Zoom for the students, you can’t reach the pedals for starters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst music for most is possibly not an academic subject, I think it's essential that children be given the basics and encouraged to take that further as an interest. Playing recorder at school led me to having private clarinet lessons, learning the rudiments of sight reading music and doing a bunch of grade exams. Later in life that foundation led me to playing saxophone a bit, then guitar, drums, piano and bass - not to much more of a standard than 'noodling' and having an enjoyable hobby.

I encouraged my children to be musical but sadly none of them did. Same with my grandkids. Makes me sad.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...